• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Text messaging and bow hunting!

Finlander

I allways carry my phone for saftey reasons. 3 years ago I was climbing into the stand when my cell phone and case fell out of my pocket and landed by the base of the tree I didn't climb down and get it just left it lay there well right about dark a doe and 2 yearling come down the trail and end up right below the tree with all 3 sniffing the phone that was the last mistake that doe ever made off to the freezer for her.

I know you can't use radios or cell phones in aiding you to take deer. Has anyone ever been caught on the texting part of the law? Do they have the means of intercepting text messaging?

i can't speak to if anybody has been caught, but its definitely against the law

if they were working a case where they suspected texting, its a pretty simple matter to recover or view texts

Am I the only one who emails from his Blackberry while on stand when I SHOULD be at work? Or perhaps noone else is willing to admit it. smile Sooner or later someone is going to figure out why there are more typos in emails I send during cold weather.

Actually have taken pictures of deer with my phone camera and sent them to buddies while they are at work, just rubbing it in a little.

Always waiting for that text from my wife...BBD Baby!

I too wait for the text from the lady saying BBD vister!!!! last year was a phone call at 7 am opening morning of firearms. "VI, i just shot the biggest buck of my life!!" phone was on silent, but i heard gun shots. sounded like it was from her direction. so when the phone started vibrating, i checked to see, and it was her calling. of course i answered, and though i was waiting to tag mr right myself, 7 am opening morning of all things, i climbed out of my stand and helped her out. dont know who was smiling more, her or me!!! what a great feeling! cant wait till i have kids!!