• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bear in the yard!

So I'm up goofing around on my office computer just after sunrise when I hear Lisa say: "Bear in the yard!"

Well, what could I do but chase it around the neighborhood for awhile? gringrin

Had to ramp iso up to 2000 to get fast enough shutter speeds. Shot with the Canon 1Dmk3, Canon 400mm f5.6, shutter speeds from 1/200 to 1/800 @ f5.6, handheld.

full-635-940-steppin_out.jpg

full-635-941-steppin_out_2.jpg

full-635-942-with_the_toys.jpg

full-635-943-in_the_trash.jpg

Well, that sure explains the camera sitting on the seat of your truck when I stopped by around Noon. I took a peek around for you or Lisa but didn't see or hear anyone so we quietly shuffled on home.

I'll have to show these pics to Sue. I mentioned over the weekend we could start a bear camp out of our place if we wanted. She honestly asked if there were many bears around there. grin

Tracy, I was working in my office on a couple weddings' worth of images, and didn't even hear you guys pull up.

I was so close to that bear (15 feet) so often that 400mm was WAY too much lens a lot of the time. Missed some good images because I didn't have on the 70-200. But when push comes to shove it's reach a fella needs for those grab shots more often than flexibility. smile

Funny! We,ve lived in MN for 20 years now and mrs really wanted to see a bear. After 15 years of camping all over the place a nice big blacky shows up in the woods by the cemetary 1/2 block away!! No camera handy! Dang Murphys Law. LOL