• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Packers 2010

Cooter

This is pretty messed up. 10 players on IR (including Neal and Poppinga) with Tauscher and Starks possibly heading there as well!

Quote:
Player --------- Status/Updated --------- Notes

Brady Poppinga LB - Questionable Sunday - Knee - 10/25/10 Poppinga did not play in Week 7 against the Vikings and remains questionable for Sunday's game against the Jets.

Mike Neal DE - Questionable Sunday - Shoulder - 10/25/10 Neal did not play in Week 7 against the Packers with a sore shoulder and remains questionable for this Sunday's game against the Jets..

Mark Tauscher T - Questionable Sunday - Shoulder - 10/25/10 Tauscher has missed the last month due to a shoulder injury and remains questionable for this Sunday's game against the Jets.

James Starks RB - Questionable Sunday - Hamstring - 10/25/10 Starks had been placed on the physically unable to perform list with a lingering hamstring injury but was eligible to return on Sunday against the Vikings. He was unable to play in the game and remains questionable for this Sunday's game against the Jets.

Atari Bigby S - Questionable Sunday - Ankle - 10/25/10 Bigby has missed the entire season as he recovered from ankle surgery and as expected, did not play in Week 7 against the Vikings and remains questionable for this Sunday's game against the Jets.

Al Harris CB - Questionable Sunday - Knee - 10/25/10 Harris has yet to play this season as he recovers from off-season knee surgery and as expected, did not play in Week 7 against the Vikings. He remains questionable for Sunday's game against the Jets.

Johnny Jolly DE - out for season - Suspension - 7/19/10 Jolly has been suspended by the NFL without pay for the 2010 season and perhaps beyond for violating the league's substance-abuse policy. He will be eligible to apply for reinstatement after the Super Bowl in February.

Derrick Martin S - Injured Reserve - Ankle - 10/14/10 Martin has been placed on the injured reserve with an injured knee, thus ending his season as a result.

Jermichael Finley TE - Injured Reserve - Knee - 10/18/10 Finley suffered a torn lateral meniscus in Week 5 against the Redskins and will be out for the remainder of the season.

Morgan Burnett DB - Injured Reserve - Knee - 10/5/10 Burnett has been placed on the injured reserve after tearing his ACL in Week 4 against the Lions and will miss the rest of the season as a result.

Nick Barnett LB - Injured Reserve - Wrist - 10/8/10 Barnett has been placed on the injured reserve after undergoing season ending surgery on his wrist he suffered in Week 4 against the Lions.

Will Blackmon CB - Injured Reserve - Knee - 9/13/10 Blackmon has been placed on the injured reserve with a knee injury, thus ending his season as a result.

Justin Harrell DT - Injured Reserve - Knee - 9/14/10 Harrell has been placed on the injured reserve with a torn ACL he suffered against the Eagles in the season opener and will miss the remainder of the season as a result.

Ryan Grant RB - Injured Reserve - Ankle - 9/15/10 Grant has been placed on the injured reserve with a torn ligament in his right ankle he suffered against the Eagles in Week 1. He will undergo surgery, that includes inserting screws into his ankle, and will be on crutches for 10-12 weeks.

Josh Bell DB - Injured Reserve - Foot - 9/15/10 Bell has been placed on the injured reserve with a foot sprain he suffered in practice, thus ending his season as a result.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Within the context of the Viking's defense, I still believe that he's not easy to block. The other players command double teams so right tackles are frequently left 1-on-1 with Edwards. Yes he should be more productive but he's still good.

It was reported that rookie defensive tackle CJ Wilson tried to come off the field at one point when his helmet broke. The coaches waived him back on because there were no other players to take his place. I also read that the Packers at one point had offensive tackle TJ Lang playing on the D-line against the Vikings, likely after they realized they needed an emergency plan!

It was reported that rookie defensive tackle CJ Wilson tried to come off the field at one point when his helmet broke. The coaches waived him back on because there were no other players to take his place. I also read that the Packers at one point had offensive tackle TJ Lang playing on the D-line against the Vikings, likely after they realized they needed an emergency plan!

I read that as well. I have seen Lang in there on Goal Line situations this year, just because they need another big body. Their depth has just been devastated!! When you have a guy that was cut in training camp (Wynn), a 7th round rookie (Wilson) playing most of the game and an offensive lineman (Lang) playing in certain situations, you know you are hurting. A.P should have ran for 200 yards against us.

True, although I think that you'll see a few of the struggling NFC powers kick it into high gear for the second half of the season and playoffs. The beauty is that nobody is in a hole right now so this whole situation might work out best for the NFC if its teams peak in the playoffs versus the AFC earlier in the season. We'll see.

This is at least another reason why the NFL has jumped the shark.

Its going to be one of those wide open years, the Giants looked awful at the beginning of the year and look good now, so who knows.

Add Brad Jones (OLB) to the IR with a shoulder injury for the Pack. Another starter bites the dust. Frank Zombo (undrafted rookie) will start in his place, since Poppinga was put on the IR last week.

I think that brings the total to 12 players out for the year, with several more that are injured but should play again before the year is out. Hard to do anything good with than many players out. Let's hope no more starters are lost for the year.

I've heard people start to blame the team/coaches...I don't buy that unless it's all the same type of injury. To me injuries are just about luck in the NFL. Surely there are things that you can do to prevent them, but you can't prevent Barnett's wrist injury, or Burnett's knee injury, etc...

I think that the irony here is that injuries were a big problem on the O-line last year and save for Tauscher, the O-line is one of our only healthy positions besides WR, FB, and kicker/punter.

Well now, we weren't exactly firing on all cylinders when everyone was still healthy. However, I would agree that we likely would have found our groove. Now we'll never know for sure. It does highlight what good coaching and quality backups can do for a team.

I might also add that the Packers situation is good evidence for keeping the four game pre-season. If not for the extra NFL playing experience our backups got, they'd be starting without any real game experience. At least the coaches got a decent look at them in preseason games 3 & 4 while they got an opportunity to play for real, instead of just in practice. Just a thought.

Typically, McCarthy's teams have started slowly and our offense is still pretty much intact (minus Finley and Grant.) The offense wasn't too bad before Finley got here and Jackson has been solid so far but I don't see our defense holding up against a good offensive team. The Jets are pretty good at running the ball with Green and Tomlinson and Sanchez has been throwing the ball pretty well. Not sure if our defense is going to hold up against them.

It's truly time for the offense to click. They need to have a goal of one punt per game or less. They need to challenge themselves so that even if the defense struggles, we are constantly matching the other team by putting points on the board. One punt or less per game by the Packers isn't a fantasy when you look at their potential.

Not sure what Dom and MM did to fire up the "D", but wow. Nothing like shutting down one of the best running teams in the league AND getting big turnovers from the secondary. Not sure you can expect more from a banged up team.

The O didn't click yet, but they did just enough to win, so you have to hand them some credit as well. No turnovers and cut down on the penlaties - that's how you win the close games.