• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Swamp People

LMITOUT

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the 2 brothers are freakin hilarious! One of them is always giggling to himself (almost like a child) and it looks like they havent bathed in a couple of mos. I loved them having a huge freezer in their living room!

I'm sure their main reason for living is alcohol! Probably both about 30 years old? If they are really out in the tullies, how do they keep that freezer and everything else running? A gas generator would get expensive for the two country gents that make their living off the land? They didn't strike me as being high earners?

There is a lot of editing on that show. Watch and they will show the guy with the gun and pan to the gator and go back and he has a different gun in his hand. There are lots of little things like that that make me wonder how much is made up. I still like to show for it entertainment value though.

What show on tv isn't made up? If there isn't some sort of drama or things that make you wonder no one would watch.

What show on tv isn't made up? If there isn't some sort of drama or things that make you wonder no one would watch.

I would say Deadliest Catch is one of the most "real" shows. There is some drama, but for the most part it is real IMO. That is one of the reasons I still watch it because it isn't as scripted as some.

i think deadliest has gotten worse over the year when it first came out it was real as the years have gone on the drama is being built up more and more

I agree, but it is still way less scripted than other shows. I think they just play up the arguments a little, but most of the other stuff is still pretty real. Cool visuals when watching the sea in HD.

I didn't care for RJ and J Paul when I first seen em, but after a few episodes, they're 'Ah-ite'....just gettin by in the swamp. The kid is a pretty good shot on the moving gators and the gun looks in good shape, not like the rust caked ones the other guys use.

In the last one, I thought old Troy and Troys boy were gonna go down with all them big gators on board...that last one they got was a monster! I look forward to Thursday nights, to see what they are up to next?

The editing is getting really bad, when they loaded t-rex into the p-row it already had the tag in the tail before it got into the boat which obviously means they reshot them loading it into the boat. I like the show,I just wish it was more natural.

Watching Willie load that 22 mag pistol made my flesh crawl. He's stuffing rounds into it and his finger is inside the trigger guard. NO NO NO! Something bad is going to happen if he keeps doing that.

When they were having the big picnic at Troy's, my wife and daughter and I were all surprised at seeing Liz all cleaned up. Looked totally different to the point we did not recognize her right away.

yeah I had to rewind and watch them load the big gator in the canoe or pirogue and sure enough at the end the tail flips in the boat and the tag was attached....I imagine that the hunters really love it when the camera guys says can you throw the gator back in the water so we can shoot you loading it up again? And I don't think anyone would have reconized elizabeth when she showed up to the party...only way I knew it was her was when she started talking...love to watch willie with the treble hook though!!!

I didn't catch that, and love this show, ax men, deadliest catch, but there seems to be more editing/dramatic add-ons which takes away from the show IMO

Q: Some "Deadliest Catch" fans dislike you and others think you're trying to teach the Harris boys lessons they need to learn. Did you expect to be a polarizing figure?

Captain Derrick Ray: I didn't even think about it. We were going crab fishing. ... Josh came up to me in the wheelhouse on the third day of fishing, he looked at me and said, "We're not here to catch crab, we're here to make TV and when we've made enough TV, we're going home," and I just about fell over. Right at that moment I knew I was screwed and I knew it would get worse.

Yeah, while snake collecting with little protection, Willie finally admitted he couldn't read or write so things are starting to make sense. There's a line between stupidity and fierceness and I'm realizing the Edwards clan might be more foolish than brave.