• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tettegouche Arch collapses

Man, you have no idea - the Arch was my destination on the morning (two saturday's ago)I took the photo's from the "5 AM...Where Were You?" thread. I didnt leave quite early enough so I cut my losses and stopped at Gooseberry for the sunrise. I went to go check out the Arch afterwards and it was standing - I planned to come back the following Saturday, just a couple days ago.

To my disappointment, this is what was there...I thought my eyes were lying to me! Talk about a disappointment...

980121168_CV7w7-L.jpg

980120205_p3is9-L.jpg

Despite your disappointment OT, the pictures you got are very nice! It's hard to see such a landmark change, but you can say you've got some of the first shots of the "new" landmark! I especially like the feel of the second image - Congratulations!

Canon guy, I have to agree your perceptive on the arch and the shoreline is one not often seen. Great job.

Outlaw, the new pillar in the fog is outstanding, and to be able to say your the first to have photographed it, now that is neat! They need to hang your picture up in the visitor center.

OutlawTorn, great shots and great timing.

About the perspective of my first photo. We had hiked up there the previous afternoon and while the scenery was nice the colors were washed out by the midday sun, so I told my wife I was going to return early the next morning. I got up with the sun and drove to the park and made the hike up again. Thanks for the comments.

Shawn,I agree about the tower. smile

I guess it's only a matter of time before something like this crumbles into the sea. What really caught my eye was how similar the arch looks to this one near my home in Canada. This one is called "The Sea Lion", although the head of the sea lion fell into Superior some time ago.

Thanks for the photos and story.

Sealion10.jpg

Brooky,thanks for the photo. Looks very similar.

Also - Canon Guy - I agree, nice perspective there. Was it from the trail on the way to shovel point or was it from the point itself?

OutlawTorn,

The shot was taken from what I believe is the highest point of the trail. It was a spot where people were rappelling the cliffs.