• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Predictions for "The Series" at The Cell

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was predictable that before the series that the "Hawk" said the Sox would take the division because of the September home vs. road games favoring the Sox. I think the schedules are fairly even with the Sox facing Boston 7 more times and the Yankees three. Twins are done with those two teams but have 7 against Texas.

For me I give the edge to the Twins. Sox have better starters, but that is all. Relievers are a mess and their defense is substandard. Twins have owned them and we have retaken the division lead without Morneau. The whole thing will likely come down to injuries and sure looks to be a fun ride.

Ah, so you expect answers from me but fail to give them when asked, I see. Twinks continue to beat the Sox in the regular season but must lose to inferior teams that the Sox pound on (see Brew Crew and Pirates and Nats) Sox have won the most recent World Series that always seems to elude the Twinks. Home and away favors the Sox down the stretch in Sept so I say GO TWINS. Forget about the Sox, you have won and have nothing to worry about. I would start getting my pitching rotation in order to face the Yankees in the playoffs. Don't even worry your pretty little heads about the Sox, they are done, toast, finito!

Now that I have answered your questions (Rick) maybe you can answer some of mine....Still waiting....Braves...Sweep...Brew Crew....Screwed the Pooch....Super Bowl wannabes....Anybody....Anybody....

See if any of you are man enough to answer a few of those! Not betting the farm on that one.

Twinks continue to beat the Sox in the regular season but must lose to inferior teams that the Sox pound on (see Brew Crew and Pirates and Nats) Sox have won the most recent World Series that always seems to elude the Twinks.

Thank you Captian Obvious,

I guess I need to spell things out and speak very slowly to some Twink lovers. Of the two teams we are debating, the Twinks and the Sox, and that is WHITE Sox not to be confused with RED Sox, the White Sox have won the most recent World Series. The White Sox, not to be confused with the Red Sox, swept the Pirates, Nationals and Braves (still waiting on Rick's comment about the Braves) when playing interleague play, the Twinks lost two thirds of their interleague games against a sub .500 team being the Brewers, and by Brewers I mean the Milwaukee Brewers baseball team, not the local businesses that make beer in Milwaukee.

I am trying to type as slow as possible as I know you have trouble reading fast KG2!

Quote from KG2

"FYI

The combined records (as of now) of the teams the Twins played in interleague (Brewers, Braves, Rockies, & Phillies) are 243-215 (28 games over .500)."

Oh and by the way, the Twinks did not play the Braves, the Sox did and they swept them, and by Sox I mean the White Sox and not the Red Sox. And by Braves I mean the Atlanta Braves baseball team not the native Americans who still live here in America. The Twinks played the Mets and by Mets I mean the New York Mets baseball team not the Metropolitan Opera singers. The Twinks lost two thirds of their games against the Mets.

So of all the National League opponents the Twinks swept NONE and the Sox swept THREE and won two thirds of their games against the Cubs and by Cubs I mean the Chicago Cubs baseball team and not the animals in the zoo.

I hope this helps, if you need any help with the big words just ask and I can explain them to you, maybe with pictures!

Ah, so you expect answers from me but fail to give them when asked, I see. Twinks continue to beat the Sox in the regular season but must lose to inferior teams that the Sox pound on (see Brew Crew and Pirates and Nats) Sox have won the most recent World Series that always seems to elude the Twinks. Home and away favors the Sox down the stretch in Sept so I say GO TWINS. Forget about the Sox, you have won and have nothing to worry about. I would start getting my pitching rotation in order to face the Yankees in the playoffs. Don't even worry your pretty little heads about the Sox, they are done, toast, finito!

Now that I have answered your questions (Rick) maybe you can answer some of mine....Still waiting....Braves...Sweep...Brew Crew....Screwed the Pooch....Super Bowl wannabes....Anybody....Anybody....

See if any of you are man enough to answer a few of those! Not betting the farm on that one.

2c

I guess I need to spell things out and speak very slowly to some Twink lovers. Of the two teams we are debating, the Twinks and the Sox, and that is WHITE Sox not to be confused with RED Sox, the White Sox have won the most recent World Series. The White Sox, not to be confused with the Red Sox, swept the Pirates, Nationals and Braves (still waiting on Rick's comment about the Braves) when playing interleague play, the Twinks lost two thirds of their interleague games against a sub .500 team being the Brewers, and by Brewers I mean the Milwaukee Brewers baseball team, not the local businesses that make beer in Milwaukee.

I am trying to type as slow as possible as I know you have trouble reading fast KG2!

Words actually mean things, windy! I pointed out how wrong you were - do you need help with the English language or you you that slow? LOL (fricken, Einstein!) grin YOU SAID MOST RECENT... Now that would be the Yankees. Are you really that fricken slow, Einstein?

Keep showing your ignorance, but I was correct in everything I stated. You weren't!!! grin

Edit - I missed the Mets - sorry, I guess I wasn't quite correct in everything I wrote. At least I wasn't off 4 years on the World Series champs.

Oh and by the way, the Twinks did not play the Braves, the Sox did and they swept them, and by Sox I mean the White Sox and not the Red Sox.

I did miss the Mets, Einstein, but the Twins did play the Braves June 11-13...

Ah yes, another NL team that beat the Twinks two out of three! Great point KG! Keep going. So we have a direct comparison for Rick to comment on here. Twinks lose two out of three to the Braves, not a cellar dweller but one of the best teams in the NL and the Sox sweep them...interesting!

Comments......

if MY team got beat in a major series at home,,, I to would try and divert things back to 1985 and other sports.( heck any City can, outside of CLevelend) Windy--- get the facts,, your team THIS YEAR is INFERIOR to the TWINS. ( and has been for some time..)

Just being in the same town as the Cubs,, does wear on you. 3 times bases loaded with less than 2 outs,, and 1 run,,, that's just like the Northside!!!! Balks for runs in close game,,, thats bushleague.

who cares about the NL?? They won the ALL* game this year,,, even a broken clock is right every 15 years. Most important is records agst div foes,, not the watered down NL,,, how have the Sux faired (or failed) agst the Central the past few years??? THE TWINS DOMINATE

Funny how the Twinks who are so clearly dominant and superior to the bushleague and inferior Sox are a whopping 1 game ahead with less than 50 games to go. Boy if I was on that great team with the master at the helm and Baby Jesus behind the plate I would sure expect to be a lot further ahead than just 1 game. Seems like the Twinks should have already wrapped up the division and would now just have to worry about the Yankees, you know, since they are so superior and dominant and we are bushleague and all.

Mud, you are smarter than that to try to pin me bringing up the 85 Bears, it was Rick who started the convo about football, not me, but since Chicago does have the clear and decisive advantage of having actually WON a Super Bowl, it behooves me to bring that point to the table once again, you know about how the Queens have been to the big dance 4 times and left with nothing but Rosy Palm instead of the Homecoming Queen. You know, that stuff and all....

Just wondering, when it comes to football, how are the Queens any different than the Browns??? Just asking!

1 game lead is enough to get it done.. But as the season goes on, God Willing (you brougt up the ref to Baby Jesus) the Twins will win the DIV by 4+ games.

Windy-- you simply don't have the firepower to get it done. Thome is on the Twins, your hitting is not like it used to be, and your b-pen is in shambles. The Twins are more like the C-sox of 2005 ,, ,who did win it all if you rememeber.

See that Mud, I answer questions that were directed to me yet the Twink fans who shoot their mouths off remain silent. I think their silence speaks volumes. This site was mighty quiet the first two months of the season and I expect it to get quiet again as my Sox power down the last leg of the season with 16 of 22 games being played at home! Of course, if any of those Twinky mouths had any testicular verasitude they would attempt to answer my questions and admit they were wrong! But then I guess there are quite a few geldings up in the land of 10,000 lakes!

See that Mud, I answer questions that were directed to me yet the Twink fans who shoot their mouths off remain silent. I think their silence speaks volumes. This site was mighty quiet the first two months of the season and I expect it to get quiet again as my Sox power down the last leg of the season with 16 of 22 games being played at home! Of course, if any of those Twinky mouths had any testicular verasitude they would attempt to answer my questions and admit they were wrong! But then I guess there are quite a few geldings up in the land of 10,000 lakes!

laugh

You are hilarious. Sox bullpen to implode very soon.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

So we have a direct comparison for Rick to comment on here.
LOL Windy, you're a funny guy. I for one truly enjoy the bombasity from you. Next time you're in Minneosta give me a call and I'll take you to a game so you can see what a real baseball stadium and pro team looks like up close and personal smile

Bottom line is the Sox played one decent team and were given a free pass playing bottom dwellers in the NL while the Twins faced the tougher opponents. pretty simple and straight forward to me. Maybe you can figure it out too, probably not smile

Also straight forward and simple enough for you to understand, hopefully, is the Twins are in 1st place even with the tougher schedule they've played laugh

While your beloved Sox are dropping fast from their lofty 4.5 game first place lead. What's happening to your team windy? cool

Ohhh and Windy, as long as you like to live in the past...between the Twins and sox, which has won more World Series since the Minnesota Twins came into existence? Not that it means anything in the what have you done for us lately category. smile

buehler.....buehler smile

All in good fun Windy as I'm sure you're doing the same. I do respect the White Sox organization. cool

The Twins should be in good shape as they now have the easier teams left.

It's to bad that in the end, Chicago will slide.