• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Predictions for "The Series" at The Cell

50 games left in the season and Secretariat and Seattle Slew are neck and neck heading into the home stretch! Here they come spinning out of the turn.....

I think my beloved Pale Hose will come out of their 4 game hitting funk to take at least two out of the three games. Got to believe they win tonight and tomorrow, Twinks might have a chance at Thursdays game with Liriano and Floyd facing off nearly equal in stats with Liriano just a tad ahead.

I think this is a two horse race for sure and will go down to the wire.

Annnnnnnd their off!

Windy

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course the homer in me predicts Twins sweep, but in all reality I think Chicago 2/3....maybe Twins 2/3 if Baker pitches out of his mind like his last start....

Either way fun time of the year and two top tier clubs going toe to toe, awesome.

White SOx bullpen is in shambles. Putz throws 3 pitches and game over. JEnks is not what he used to be. Thornton still has mental lapses off the All Star game agst an inferior league. IF the Sox starters don't give the bullpen a +2 run lead,, $$ is on on the Twins the in late innings. But all said, Twins have some of the same problems,, WS win 2 of 3,, to go up 1 game.

Thome hits a blast at sometime.

Twins Tuesday, Sox Wed, and tossup on Thursday. Floyd has been pitching well lately, but so has Liriano if you take away his last start. I'll go Twins I guess.

I completely understand why we are inserting Perkins to give everyone an extra day. Just not sure why we are doing it vs the Sox. I would have waited one more series, IMO.

I completely understand why we are inserting Perkins to give everyone an extra day. Just not sure why we are doing it vs the Sox. I would have waited one more series, IMO.

I thought i heard on the radio the reason was so that Pavano and Liriono will pitch in next weeks games against the Sox and when they play the 1st place rangers the following week.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

The only reason the sox are close to the Twins is because they got to feast on last place National league teams while we faced top tier National league teams.

Gardy asked both those guys if they'd like to pitch on their normal day of rotation or not. Both said they would prefer the extra day of rest.

Perkins has been improving the last couple weeks and deserves a shot at the major league level again. If he does good in this start he may just end up as the long releaver in the bullpen, something they are sorely missing right now.

This series is big but at the end of the season, it will be the Twins.

Sux are due for a few bad injuries and hopefully the Twins are about through it all.

The injuries helped Chicago catch up to the Twins but Chicago did get hot for a bit. That will not continue. Every team has a time in its season when injuries plaque them.

I might say that the Twins will beat the Sux by 3 games at the end.

Twins win all 3 for a sweep. Starting pitching will be great.

I have to go with the Twins 2-1 to retake the Central division lead. Last ten games Sox are 5-5 with a two game losing streak, while Twins are 7-3 with a two game winning streak...momentum is clearly on our side. Plus we have handled the Sox pretty well this year.

Rick,

Last time I looked, I did not see the Braves as a last place team. The schedule is the schedule, you have to throw out the Cubs and Brewers because those are our designated "rival" NL opponents. We faced and swept the best NL team out there right now (Braves) and we beat the hottest new pitcher out there right now from the Nats.

The Twinks problem is that they did not beat the teams they were supposed to beat in interleague play, the Brew Crew. They let the Brew Crew beat them 4 out of the 6 games and got swept in Beer Town.

The Twinks did so-so against the harder NL teams 5-4, they just screwed the pooch against the Brew Crew!

No crying in baseball, although there might be a tear in my beer in Milwaukee if I was a Twinkie lover!

The Twinks problem is that they did not beat the teams they were supposed to beat in interleague play, the Brew Crew. They let the Brew Crew beat them 4 out of the 6 games and got swept in Beer Town.

No crying in baseball, although there might be a tear in my beer in Milwaukee if I was a Twinkie lover!

cant be any worse than going 1-3 against the worst team in baseball (orioles) down the stretch when the team is in the hunt like the Sox just did

its gonna be a fun ride to the finish!

I think the Twins take 2 of 3. Win tonight, Perkins gets roughed up tomorrow and Win Thursday..... I can understand pulling a starter up to give the guys an extra day, BUT I don't understand the theory with a lefty.... the Sox's strength is RIGHT HANDED BATS.... seems we are playing into their hands... I think we will take 2 of 3 in the next series against the Sux as well...... should be a fun ride!

Tonight the Sux wanted nothing to do with Kubel or Thome....Cuddy wrecked that plan. The TWIN'S L-R-L-R line-up, in the middle, really puts pressure on the other teams pitching. Good job hitting tonight....and Baker did o.k.... til he decided to throw a few "meatball" pitches, into the hitters' wheel house. 1 down 5 to go.

The Twins took 4 out of 6 series in 2009 and they did the same in 2008. We take tonight or tomorrow's game and I think we just may take 5 of 6 series for the year given we swept every 2nd half series in 2009 and 2008 with the Chit Sox.