• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Kahn is NOT smart ...

Dahitman44

AP reported today -- From Star-trib HSOforum

NEW YORK - The NBA has fined Minnesota Timberwolves president David Kahn $50,000 for his comments about forward Michael Beasley's marijuana use.

The league also fined the Timberwolves organization $50,000 Friday for what it called inappropriate comments.

In an interview with a local ESPN Radio affiliate, Kahn called the recently acquired Beasley "a very young and immature kid who smoked too much marijuana" while he was playing in Miami.

Wow - -this guy is running our team?

I thought the statement was classless, which I would assume is what the fine was for. I dont think Beasely cared, but I dont think it was quite the red carpet for a welcome! Hopefully no hard feelings there.

I'm not defending Kahn or what he said, but it sounds like some of this is being taken a bit out of context.

Kahn was talking about why Beasley didn't live up to his potential in Miami. Kahn's point was that he thinks Beasley can be a good player for the Wolves now that those things are in Beasley's past.

I thought that was common knowledge, considering he went through REHAB!!!!!!!

Not sure what the fuss is about.

Unfortunately its the politically correct non-sense we live in today. We have to coddle everything and can't speak the truth about anything because it may hurt a fan or potential sponsors feelings.

What a joke a $100,000 grand for that? ...LOL!

It's a non issue between DK and Bease for sure.

I'm not defending Kahn or what he said, but it sounds like some of this is being taken a bit out of context.

Kahn was talking about why Beasley didn't live up to his potential in Miami. Kahn's point was that he thinks Beasley can be a good player for the Wolves now that those things are in Beasley's past.

Exactly, only I'll defend his "kahn's" free speech and honesty!

That fine is a joke!!! We all knew Beasley smoked pot when he got kicked out of the rookie camp thing and then he went into rehab.....hmmmmm took a genius to figure out the guy had a problem of some sort and to find out it was only weed rather than finding out he had a bigger problem......I don't see the issue in the statement unless Beasley was telling him to keep this issue quiet.