• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Face paint or mask?

early season I use a bug suit with a head net that's made to keep mosquitos off

I did try a thermocell and that helped too.. Deer around me didn't spook when it was on.

1. with that said for early season I do wear face paint along with that head net

2. mid season, it's face paint and leafy boonie

3. late season, heavy beanie and baclava

during gun season I wear a blaze baclava while I'm bow hunting

Both of my Scent Lok hats have a mask attached. When the moment of truth arrives, I just pull the mask down under my chin and take the shot. I think if I was out west hunting I would use the face paint as I think a mask would be a pain in the butt. My dad doesn' wear either and he rarely gets busted. The biggest thing is not to move when they are looking in your direction and definitely don't make direct eye contact with the deer. It automatically activates their 6th sense! LOL

Brian

Neither for me. Tried both. Of the 2 I would go with paint but its messy and not worth it IMO. Mask takes way what I can hear at least everyone ive tried to date has.

I also bought a thermacell last yeaar and it works. Still not convinced deer arent bothered by it though.

My approach, get high enough where they dont notice or smell ya and keep movement to a min.

I guess I need to answer my own question.

I use both, I like to stay with face paint, due to using a kisser button and do not want any issue with hang-ups.

I do use mask when the weather is a little colder.

IMO. Mask takes way what I can hear at least everyone ive tried to date has.

I 'm out by the RxR crossings. sometimes I have headphones on to drowned out that long black coal train out of my head. clickity clack laugh

Opener last year right at light, I had a doe with twins literally right under me with my thermocell blasting away.

I always wear a mask with a hole cut out for my eyes. It's just mesh all around and can't imagine how it would cut down your hearing, at least I've never noticed it.