• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

So the mice ate..

some of the black hairs off my biscuit. Thinking of going drop-away. Anyone made the switch and regretted it? Love the durability,ease of tuning, and no worry of the biscuit. Never shot a deer past 20 yds. Worth the "upgrade" or no?

I was die hard ripcord, until i got my new bow this year. pretty much a dualcam. so i opted for a trophy taker smackdown on it. it doesnt rely on the downcable pulling to raise the rest, so there is no issue to be had with timing issues. QAD, Ripcord, Trophy Taker, all good rests. ripcord are cheaper, and the ripcord code red even looks bad [PoorWordUsage]. for the record, my bow is a bowtech destroyer 340! gringrin

and the TT smackdown is a dropaway, it just operates in reverse so to say

I was die hard ripcord, until i got my new bow this year. pretty much a dualcam. so i opted for a trophy taker smackdown on it. it doesnt rely on the downcable pulling to raise the rest, so there is no issue to be had with timing issues. QAD, Ripcord, Trophy Taker, all good rests. ripcord are cheaper, and the ripcord code red even looks bad [PoorWordUsage]. for the record, my bow is a bowtech destroyer 340! gringrin

and the TT smackdown is a dropaway, it just operates in reverse so to say

I have the code red on my Destroyer 340 and it looks pretty cool!! smile

Pretty easy setup with the drop-aways? How do you know if there's a timing issue? Vertical fishtailing? Gotta say, the bisuits have served me well, and work great for the kids, but wrinkled vanes don't sit well in my mind.

If you go with a dropaway, just make sure you go with full containment like the QAD or Ripcord. I personally have a Trophy Taker, and I've had an arrow fall off during drawback when the bow wasn't level.

Pretty easy setup with the drop-aways? How do you know if there's a timing issue? Vertical fishtailing? Gotta say, the bisuits have served me well, and work great for the kids, but wrinkled vanes don't sit well in my mind.

Just switch to blazer vanes and you will never have to worry about wrinkled vanes again.

I made the switch to the Ripcord 3 years ago and have never looked back. Its a dropaway with full containment. The new Code Red solves the need for moleskin on the rest so its even better. You'll love it!

Thinking pretty hard about the Code Red. Are there any clearance issues with the containment arm and high profile vanes?

I have had both Ripcord and QAD rests. Now own nothing but QAD's. Both are good rests but, if buying new go for the QAD. The Ripcord drops on letdown where the QAD stays up. That one feature alone keeps me from buying another Ripcord. The Ripcord has no advantages over the QAD.