• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What fish makes you smile? :)

guideman

Largemouth, wait, northern pike, wait, walleye, wait, muskie, wait, bluegill, wait. AHHH, forget it, I can't decide. My fav depends on the day, whatever im fising for makes me smile when I catch it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My fish of choice would be a smallie, (surprise) they are so fun to catch and sometimes observe. I've watched them chase my lure right on shore and even on top of rocks. The acrobatics, the fight. And i like to fish fish both on top and on the bottom.

hmm.. Pretty much any larger specimin of any fish (including "rough" fish) that put up a good fight will make me smile; However a bucket full of panfish or a few channel cats caught out of clean water, where I trust them to eat; (no Mississippi or Minnesota) will make my day grin.gif

basically any species of fish...but watching my son catch fish put's a smile grin.gif on my face everytime !!
second watching some of my friends that don't fish as much as I do get to take the cleaned fish home smile.gif

------------------
Fishspicermn

FMWL

I too enjoy watching others, kids in particular catch that first one. Nothing more enjoyable. I like panfishing but generaly like the one thats on my line the best. The exception would be roughfish. not fond of bullheads and the like.

what fish brings a smile, is if I get the first fish of the day and we have money on the 1st. one . I even grin when Billy the guide (nickname) has to pay up. I just love it, because I usually have to listen to him telling me how good he is. But it's all in fun, but more fun if I win. GAR

Not smiling that much are you WallEYES? smile.gif Or, that could explain the constant grin wink.gif

I've already said what makes me smile, smallies. But I've worked as a counselor at a fishing camp and well just the look on those kids eyes when they are the ones who catch more fish than the "grownup" in the boat is enough.

A fish..ANY fish actually on a young kid's line IS the ultimate smile for this ol fart I'm gonna be a GRANDPA (1st time) in November!! grin.gif

Takem fishin...it's a BLAST! smile.gif

"LUND-MAN"

------------------
"Leave NO Trace"

[This message has been edited by LUND-MAN (edited 04-04-2003).]

"HuskMinn"

You do much Yellowstone(area) fishing do ya?

I have been going that way for some 12 years in late August time-frame now.

"LUND-MAN"

------------------
"Leave NO Trace"

Hey beerfish you ever hook a Steelhead in 50+ degree water? You will know the meaning of having your hands full smile.gif

That is not to say Smallies ain't great fish, they do put a smile on your face when they come rocketing out of the water grin.gif

[This message has been edited by upnorth (edited 04-06-2003).]

1) being in the boat when my dad, on one of his last fishing trips, lands a personal record pike on his favorite Ontario lake

2) seeing kids catch their first "big" (in their eyes) fish of any species

3) watching my oldest brother from Florida catch smallies

4) a 45 min. battle with a 30 lb king salmon on 20 lb mono

5) 22" smallie on 4 lb mono in a small SE MN river

6) landing a 51" Rainy River sturgeon on 6 lb. line 70 min. after my youngest brother sees the fish surface and says, "you're never going land that fish on that rig."

Those are a few favorite memories and fish.

Chubby little catfish make me smile, every time.

Thier so purdyyyyyyyy!

They make you want to talk to them in puppy talk.

"Arn't ya a good little Kitty, yes you are, purdy kitty."
get_file.html?mid=140

Ya....well, maybe thats just me?

wink.gif

Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson

BWGedcatlogobar.jpg

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Backwater Eddy (edited 04-05-2003).]