• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

RIP Ronnie James Dio

LMITOUT

He was an excellend musician...I'm an 80's guy, so I liked his stuff. I think he did better when he was out on his own, or with his band "Dio"... Liked that stuff better than after he took over for Ozzy in Black Sabbath.

The last I had seen Ronnie he was looking his age. This is kind of sad. It does show the immortal is not true. frown Thank LIMT. I had been fishing last night and not watching or hearing any news. Just made 3 phone call and they were just finding out.

Personally I was an early Rainbow guy myself. I own every album that Raindbow & Dio put out on DVD and also many in vinyl. wink The good, the bad, and even the ugly. Songs like "All Night Long" remind me of summer night, knuckle busting while V8 engine rebuilding (with upgrades & mods), with the 5:30am firing the motor up so we could be out and about by 6:00pm that evening. smile

"> " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Really sad to hear this news today. Was a big Dio fan in the mid 80's, God Speed Ronnie James.

Shack, listened to that song "All Night Long" by Rainbow. If I didn't know better, it sounds like a Kiss song with Paul Stanly on vocals. Wasn't familiar with much of Rainbow's stuff, sounds great.

107 The Loon has been playing RJD since I started listening a half hour ago. Actual requests from listeners who call in and their thoughts, views & even meetings with Ronnie.

Funny. As I type this now they are playing juke box hero. smirk

The Boneyard channel on Sirius has live phone interviews with former band members of RJD plus music. They are playing some very recent stuff with his latest group Heven & He11. Still sounds pretty good. I assume these songs had been released in the last couple year. A little slower but some great/good old RJD. smile

Eddie Trump does a great show. smile

The following of rock/metal stars he has that wait to get a chance to be able to talk on his show is crazy. Funny as much as I have been a fan and listen to sat. radio, I did not know RJD had just released music while under going kemo.

What I have read is he died at home with his close family. I have lived that and it must have been tough.

LIMIT I have Sirus through DN also. I had them way back when put my dual reciever in my garage for some tvs I have their. After the fact I found out I had Sirus. Since then 99.9% of the usage in the garage is just for Sirus. When radio just plane sucks and the CD/MP3 collection is getting old, sat. radio is all I listen to while working outside or in the garage.

Well I guess I took it as at home and maybe he had a home in LA? I figure if he had died in a hospital the name would have been published and I would have caught wind of it being in MN. But I had no clue he was even being treated in Roch....

Heck, I just did a google about him & Rainbow a week or so back and never saw anything about him being close to death.

Well I guess I took it as at home and maybe he had a home in LA? I figure if he had died in a hospital the name would have been published and I would have caught wind of it being in MN. But I had no clue he was even being treated in Roch....

I found out because his wife reported that he was undergoing his chemo at Mayo, it was quoted on Wiki, and it was off his site when they reported the cancer awhile back.

Wiki=Fiction

That was off his HSOforum, which his wife was updating while he was sick. I understand you don't want to do a college term paper off info you get off wikipedia, but its not all made up