• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

what's the best free email service?

I just got a new desktop computer running Windows 7 and haven't quite figured out what I'm going to do without Outlook Express. I've read kind of mixed reviews on Gmail, Windows Live & Thunderbird. Anyone want to chime in with what they use and why they like it??

Gmail, it's portable to other devices (some. like hotmail can only be viewed in the browser), searchable email, all of the extras that come with it like google docs, calendar, google voice...

Also if your going to use thunderbird you may need to check if windows live will work with it. I know hotmail won't work with mail on my mac & probably would be the same with thunderbird.

I use windows Live Mail for my home account, I like it. I also have a yahoo account for facebook and that has a nice easy to use interface. I would assume that you could use Windows Live Mail for Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail too.

I have 2 gmail accounts, one that I use for email and one I use for signup's that I know will have spam sent to me. I also have my gmail set-up to fetch emails from my old hotmail account and my University of Minnesota account so everything is neat and tidy in one spot.

gmail.

I have two accounts, one for work & the other for home.

I too have my gmail set-up to fetch emails from my old accounts (AOL). Works great.

I love the fact the I can check my mail form anyplace and the search feature is awesome!

It doesn't use "folders" to store messages, but instead uses labels that you can attach to massages. I wasn't sure I would like that, but I really do.

I will be getting an Android smart phone and gmail works great on those phones.

Another vote for Gmail. Besides just mail there is a whole slough of stuff that you get from Google with a gmail account.

I have Yahoo, AOL, MSN, and gmail and so far I have liked gmail the most.

Another vote for Gmail. Besides just mail there is a whole slough of stuff that you get from Google with a gmail account.

I have Yahoo, AOL, MSN, and gmail and so far I have liked gmail the most.

Same here, all those email accounts and Gmail is the best. I do have comcast that comes free with their service but only use it rarely.

Gmail when configured properly is great with the spam blocker

enabled. Setup both my wife and son with Gmail accounts and

they sure get let more spam then me. Then again I don`t visit

those trashy sites they like and give out my email address.

My service provider seems to be doing a pretty good job of controlling spam and potentially dangerous emails so I have stayed with my Windows Mail application for personal emailing. I do however have a Hotmail account that I use any time I create online accounts where I increase the risk of spam mail. That way it all goes to my hotmail account instead of my home account. Seems to be working for me so far.