• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Powerdrive v2 vs Terrova minn kota

coombia21

My brother is looking to get a trolling motor. He needs to get a 65lb or higher and a 60 inch shaft. He wants to get a minn kota and nothing else. What is the difference between the two and what are the pros and cons of each? What else would you recommend?

Thanks Dan

The only differece that I know of is the difference in how you steer the motor. The Terrova has heel to toe steering and the Powerdrive has left to right steering. I checked out their HSOforum quick and they looked pretty close with everything else and what you could add on to it. The steering pretty much comes down to preference and what you are used to. If you are used to the cable driven motors then the Terrova shouldn't take long to get used to.

the terrova can be use 2 ways when steering

heel to toe peddle or

theres 2 small like peddles on each side..which is the way i use i just bump it with my toe either way it is kinda senstive turns pretty quick

at least mine does but i'm use to it and like it

it has a long enuff cord for the foot control you can sit any where in your boat and run

it does have the auotpilot as stated above but i've never used it

old here you know...lol

good motor though

I have had both and like the Terrova more mostly because of the stow/deploy mechanism. For the most part otherwise the motors are fairly similar. Going above 65# will be a 24v system so he should have good battery life.

Highly recommend getting the i-Pilot. I have not used my foot pedal once since I got the i-Pilot this Spring. Really cool toy.

If you buy the terrova you can get the ipilot included for basically free if I understand the pricing correctly. That would be sweet. The deploy and stow is also much easier.

My terrova is now 2 years old :-( and i don't have ipilot.

Also if you decieded to upgrade to i-pilot the foot pedal and remote csn be used together on the Terrova, not on the V2.

I think this puts the Terrova ahead of the V2 for sure.

I-Pilot is the only way to go and a total no-brainer for either unit.

Dumb question guys but im thinking about putting a new trolling motor on my boat. I have a 2003 crestliner with a powerdrive on mine. Would a new terrova or V2 have the same power cord as the unit i have? Or would i have to wire in a new power source?

Another dumb question, can i take the co-pilot off the unit i have and just put it on a new unit?

You just need to use the plug in you have and re-splice it to the new trolling motor. As far as the co-pilot it may work if you buy a V2, not sure. If you buy a terrova it is different. Good Luck!!