• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any shots yet?

Just wondering if anyone has been out and shot anything so far. The wind has kept me off the lakes but Thursday I might make it out. I'm not counting on seeing too many fish as this wind lately has mixed the water a bit and temps are starting to lag. It'll probably wind up being more of a scouting trip.

Hit up a gin-clear lake by faribo today, Buffalo fish were in shallow by the ton but real spooky, could not get off any quality shots without them seeing me

Done with daytime shoots, all night shoots from here on out

My boat is still in dry dock for the forseable future. And between work and the cold WINDYYYY conditions lately I have just not been able to get out.

It will happen soon enough. The garden is waiting to be planted, the plants need feeding. You dont get 7' tall tomato plants with o.t.c fertalizers. wink

Fiberglass and aluminum will meet fin and scale soon enough... grin

I have been out 4 nights so far. Considering the weather it went pretty well. Shot 6-1/2 barrels so far. All commons except one Buff. Some of our best early shallow lakes haven't been producing anything yet. Have had better luck along shorelines with steeper drops. Can be some pretty deep shooting, but still plenty fun. The warm up they are predicting this week will hopefully get them fired up. The Buffalo should be ready to go in this part of the state.

i think i need some shooting lessons.... i just got back into bowfishing after about a 9 year break from the action. today i went out and was surrounded by carp and buffalo all around my boat. i was firing arrows as fast as i could reel it back in. must have fired at least 35 shots for only 1 direct hit. pretty humbling to say the least. was shooting in like 3-4 ft. of water and finally connected by aiming about 2 ft. low. if anybody wants to show me how to shoot again feel free...

thanks for the tip. there was a few groups of small fish pushing a big girl around and every once and a while they'd push her out of the water but i was never quick enough. seemed like she would have been an easy target with half her body out of the water.

No bait nate if you want to try some creek carp shooting go to the sandcreek in Jordan and start walking the shore you can park by the ball park or by the waterfalls and giver a go used to get a lot of carp out there.

i started bowfishing, the creek in my backyard is infested with them. and they are ruining the fishing for shiners and chubs because they stir up the bottom so much. i have shot 200 in the past week. gave em to my dads friend both for smoking, and for fertilizer.