• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Call of Duty: Black Ops

LMITOUT

Soooo...my Xbox slim 4gb that I got brand new last Wednesday has the "Red Dot of Death". I boot up the 360 and a couple seconds later the green light turns to red and I either get an error screen or no screen at all. I saw that a blinking red dot just means a loose cord or harddrive, but the solid red dot is serious malfunctioning.

Anyone got any recommendations as to what I should do? Call Microsoft? Take it back to Best Buy?

Oh and Darren, yes the Christmas noobs were great to mop up on. The funny part is, I am a Christmas noob!

Wow take it back.

What is your setup like? I leave mine on the floor away from everything. Since they are prone to messing up I wanted to make sure it wasn't near an area where a lot of dust collects, and secondly I wanted it to breath nicely so its is away from walls and cabinets.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First I would get a flash drive or hook the xbox up to your computer and copy your data over. Otherwise when you get a new one you will be starting all over again.

for you guys that have had replacements.

How does that work for live? do you just do "recover a gamertag?"

played for the first time over Christmas. Son, his girlfriend, nephew and I. 3 playstations and tv's running in one room. Son didnt want to play online at first because of me "has not played video games in about 2 years" and his girlfriend. Killed zombies for awhile then we played online against other's. It's awesome! We were winning alot. I guess I'm going to have to purchase a PS3 now.

LOL As I think Dtro would say "welcome to the addiction". grin

I have met so many guys who say "Never. Not in a Million years". This was me prior to picking up an Xbox controller around a year ago while being laid up. Passed by my kids who loved this on-line gaming thing and never would have ever thought. grin Anyone who has a console their kids are playing in the living that I have been able to convince to pick it and join in has admitted it is very cool.

Honestly out of all the web sites and forums I check out, with the group we have in here this is by far the best inside info spot anyone could get. grin We are talking about things at least week prior to them going out and beyond. Who would have known all this from a fishing website. Wonder what these COD/MW threads would be like if it was more than just grown men passing it by because they think we are nuts? I have yet to see a kid, who consecutively are much better players for some gosh awful reason grin, pass threw here. All the info they are missing. wink

I got in on some Christmas noob action last night. Wow was it fun, Jeff myself and some other random person were all on a team against 6 noobs. 3 on 6!

The highest leveled noob was 10 I believe. Needless to say I went 27 and 6 I think with out using many of my kill streaks.

Jeff left I stayed in the lobby, how can you not? Than it was 2 on 6! We ended up loosing that one due to three guys that joined the lobby on the other team after some mad noobs dropped out. We only lost buy a couple kills but man was it fun shooting those noobs!

I got on last night and played a couple rounds with wizard, MN and LFC. The X-Mas noobness must be over lol. We had some good matches though, but when it was just Rob and I we kept getting the noob team. LOL

Rushing "I am NOT playing with noobs" grin Must of been something that Rob did not like when that (sounded like) 10 year old keep asking for wizard to acknowledge him. WIZZZZZARD PleaZZZZE. laugh Rushing is going ot have to start his own fan clan and fan club soon. grin

LFC had one killer Dom round and MN played pretty good like he has played previously. grin

I got on last night and played a couple rounds with wizard, MN and LFC. The X-Mas noobness must be over lol. We had some good matches though, but when it was just Rob and I we kept getting the noob team. LOL

Rushing "I am NOT playing with noobs" grin Must of been something that Rob did not like when that (sounded like) 10 year old keep asking for wizard to acknowledge him. WIZZZZZARD PleaZZZZE. laugh Rushing is going ot have to start his own fan clan and fan club soon. grin

LFC had one killer Dom round and MN played pretty good like he has played previously. grin

I have never owned a 360 until last Wednesday and didn't play Black Ops or MW2 before then but I use to play COD4 with my roommates in Mankato a few years ago.

Good playin' with you guys last night. Glad I got a box.

That was ridiculous...ridiculously awesome! Dude getting stuck right in the chest through a window with a sticky grenade and the slow motion of dude diving out of the way of the napalm strike.

Sorry I ditched out on you last night limit..had unexpected company.

hahaha ya I can be a bit of an icehole, have no patience for the young ones with their high voices and noisiness...especially if they suck. smile

Jeff kicked butt right out the gate.

BTW I am about to get my shoot on if anybody wants to play.

So I'm working on Scavenger Pro.

How do you get the 5 lethal kills with supplied grenades?

Every time I would spawn, I would just toss my grenade, then run around until I resupply.

Then I would kill a guy with the grenade, but at the end of the match, I didn't get credit for any.

I'm done with Presitge for now, just going through and getting all of the "Pro"s, buying all of the items to buy. Gonna take a bit to get all of the attatchments for all of the guns.

Yep, just keep running, chucking and resupplying and chucking again!!!

I prestiged once and think I am done. Not really worth it to me to do it again, and I would have to do it twice to get another slot. Getting all of the Pro stuff is hard enough. Keep putting of marathon pro, since I don't play capture the flag at all.