• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Whats causing arrows to kick out upon flight?

Boar

Hey guys, been a few years since Ive bow hunted or pulled my bow, the last time i did I remember that when I released, my arrow upon flight would kick off to one side for a slpit nano second but realign an hit the mark. Before this i remeber having changing to a new site. I dont think its tork related cause i let my bow free float in my hand upon release, an i dont play peekaboo an look for the arrow afterr release. Is my site some how to be blamed? If it was windage then i would hit my mark at all, my anchor spot is always the same. It's weired, the fletching end just kicks to the left an back then bullseye. Any ideas? thanks boar

there are far to many things that could cause this..

Torqued Grip

Improper rest alignment

Improper nock point

Improper Arrow Spine

Rest To arrow contact

riser to arrow contact.

This is a very good list to carefully check your way through. Eliminate each of these and you'll likely find your problem.

thanks guys, I know its not tork grip cause I dont grip my bow. I have a wisker biskit, an I can vaugley remeber messing with it. Thinling about puting on a new rest, any sugestions? for a small pocket. I'll have the pro shop check everything when a new one gose on. Thanks again. Boar

That is a huge misconception!!!! Just because you do not "Grip" your bow, you can still torque it... try it some time.. draw your bow back and try different wrist angles.. both up and down, and side to side.. you can major torque a bow!!! You will be amazed.. then try shooting it at the different wrist positions and notice all the different groups you get..

its all about being able to repeat..

as for a new rest.. there are a ton out there that are very good.. fall away rests seem very popular right now.. and do work quite well.

I hear what your saying deitz, an am aware of tork coming from not just gripping the bow, I just dont spell it right. Pretty confident its not bow tork. But Ive been wrong before, an am every bit repetitive when it come to practicing, Thanks for you input tho an will keep it in the prossess of elimination file. later boar

If your looking at a new rest I would check out the new drop away from NAP. It has full containment and it only runs about $60. If I were looking for a different rest that is the one that I would look at. The name of the rest is the Apache.