• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

It's a Busch light tuesday no work till wednesday

SFC

I've been drinking beer for 35 years, sampled beer from most every country in the world. In my opinion mich golden light is a very good beer, if I want to step it up a notch I reach for a Stella. Another favorite of mine is redhook (blonde) cool

Originally Posted By: Double D
If you're going to have one bottle with a meal, try a Schells Caramel Bock, or soon they should start making Schells Maifest.

DD

Pretty sure Carmel Bock was discontinued.......

DANG!!! No wonder I haven't had one in a while.

Oh well, theres lots of other good choices from Schells.

DD

Newcastle,,Bass Ale, Sam Adams special occasions and a few I cant remember because of Quantity not Quality. Buschlight go to beer, Mich golden light MGD etc. etc. Gonna try Fat Tire and a few others listed. I got a 12 pack of award winning beers 1 of each brand a few years back, Newcastle was one of them not sure what the rest were. Anyone know if they still sell them, or the names of the beer-I dont remember I quess to much Quantity. grin I would say Newcastle would be the best beer I have had to date.

I enjoy most of Surly's lineup, especially the Coffee Bender. Also a fan of Bodington's Pub Ale, Guiness, Sam Adams Boston Lager, Franziskahner. If I'm after quantity and not quality, I've always liked a Premium or a Coors Original. Man, makes a guy thirsty just thinking about beers.

I usually rock the grain-belt, or stroh's, cause it's affordable. Miller High Life certainly is consumed a bit. If I'm feeling rich, Guinness is good. Absolute favorites include Bridgeport IPA, KettleHouse Double-Haul IPA, and Mirror Pond (all westerns). Bitterroot Brewing from Hamilton, Montana makes some that I really love. As for more regional, Summit ESB and Pale Ale are great, as well as South Shore Brewing's stout and Nut Brown Ale. Feelign fruity?? Pete's Wicked Strawberry Blonde! When I'm in a place where selection is more limited, a Samuel Adams Boston Lager. Amen on the Surly's, too! Anyone out there had anything from Yellowstone Brewing? Awesome bottle-cap design (Wild Fly-Rider, you'll know what I mean!), but it's the only beer I've ever poured out onto the ground while at antelope-camp!!!!!

younger yrs it was Old Swill and PBR, then got taste for MGD in college graduated to Bud Lite. I do not get into trying all sorts of micro brews or specialty brews, I drink beer to drink beer nothing too sophisticated.

Now I do like a good burbon and will pay a little more for the good stuff. of course after three yrs of drinking ND everclear my taste buds may not be very delicate.

anyone tried grainbelt nordeast...mighty tasty laugh

Nope, but the liquor store guy I usually talk to was very apologetic for not having it yet. I will try to pick up a 12 pack of that on my way up north this weekend. Or possibly return to some Lakemaid if it's available again. Anyone having a hard time finding Lakemaid? Is it only available after the opener, or has it been cancelled?

Nordeast is pretty good, it's in my fridge right now.

Sometimes when I'm having a really bad day at work I close my eyes and think back that first sip of Surley Darkness after waiting a year in between drinks. They only release it on Halloween and it's worth the wait. Otherwise either fat tire or newcastle.

I've had some Darkness. It's good, but I was a little surprised when I first took a sip. I'll have to try some of the other Surley's.

Still haven't seen the Nordeast yet. Maybe they are trying to hype it?