• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2010 Spring Open Water Reports n Ramblings

Well, here's what I did yesterday and today. Some of the biggest crappies I've caught in years and to think it should only get better. I will say this to everyone, don't keep anything under sized or over you limit the DEC is out and checking big time.

Lee4.jpg

Lee3.jpg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys, one of them was 15" and the other was pushing 16 1/2". The bad part is we were the only ones there fishing (2 days) and then some meat hunters showed up and saw us catching them, I'm afraid they are going to be there everyday now just draining the place. frown I hate to do it because I usually don't care what people do but it looks like I'm going to have to make a call, my only concern is this is one of the only places I know where you can get big white crappies and numbers plus the blacks are HUGE also. I threw a bunch of the bigger ones back and was only keeping the 11"ers, I kept those 2 big whites alive just to get some pictures and released them.

Nice fish Lee, Todd and Tuzzy! Here is a pic from Todd and Tuzzy's trip..

toddspics051.jpg

Here's a couple of cellphone shots of walleyes I caught longrodding before the close of the season..

canal.jpg

canal1.jpg

Umpire school all week and double header Saturday, here we go again. Have fun on the open water guys and release a few for me wink

For anyone who is interested. The perch are hitting very good on the upper end of Cayuga lake. Between the boyous and south of them. Most everyone is limiting out every day if they want to.

thunder- Tusc. is 99% free a little on the south end bay, eatonbrook pond side is open, the maj of the main lake is open just a little by the launch and toward the dam.I havent been anywhere else , im gonna try from the kayak tomorrow, weather and wind pending wink any luck with the perch?

Good luck to those going out for the trout opener tomorrow. Tank and I will be on a finger lake trib looking for the white unicorn lake run rainbows for a few hours till I got to work. I got a hunch they might have spawned earlier than normal and returned to the lake but its worth a shot at a 2 foot rainbow...

I dont know how much you guys look around HSO at all the forums but heres a link to a bamboo rod im building. Some of you should find it interesting.

There is alot of info and entertainment on the rest of the forums also grin I spend time all over it but key in on NY, cooking, ice n open water, archery, rod building, sports, ect...

http://www.hotspotoutdoors.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2210808/1/Project_Bamboo

Well, its officially spring! The flyrods are out and there are trout on the bank cool

Tank started it off with this pig of a lake run rainbow!

008fsp.jpg

We fished a big section of that creek and that was it. A fair number of people around and didnt see any other activity from them either...

Off to our secret holdover brown stream where we picked up 5 nice ones...

011yy.jpg

010pbp.jpg

Great job fella's! cool

Boats out in force looking for perch and crappies, be careful.. Should be quite a few guys looking for em with the incredible weather we are having. Talk about great fishing weather.

Z- Rob I got your "missed call" I was in the shower... I'll give you a shout in a little bit.

DC, I've got some video on Bamboo building and know of a great builder in Buffalo. Real nice guy. I've got an old one to restore some time. BTW, I've got some good books on Bamboo too. One is rare, got it for free too!!

Nice fish guys.

Ive gotten out 3 times so far.

4/1/10 Opening day Trout fished a place that produces very few trout but big ones for me each year (around 6) got skunked in 2 hrs of fishing 6pm-8pm which is typical of this place. smile

4/2/10 Trolled around for trout with 2 buddies and 3 rods total 2pm-7pm got for picks and lost one nice brown trout.

4/4/10 The wife and I went to the oldmans fished the pond and the stream. Got around 50 gills to 8", 5 largemouths to 12", a perch around 11" and 2 huge goldens. Only managed a 6" brookie in the stream. It's still a little high for those little buggers. Nothing like having a waterfall on your property smile

DSC07357.jpg

DSC07393.jpg

DSC07386.jpg