• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fire Lucia

scsavre

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

]Balis and Guentel come here and Guntzels takes over after a 3 year Blais contract.

This would be my dream come true. Our only hope is one more crappy year under Lucia and things get worked out.

That's guenzels dream too, as that's where it came from. I think I have been hanging out in nodak too much. I can't spell and my grammer is that of a 6 year old. All standard at und. I better go get a siuox jersey

Eventually Gophers will hit rock bottom...what that is???

I think we are here, then Maturi kicked us why we were down. At this point I don't even care if Alt or Bjugstad leave if we can suck for a year and get a new coach.

I think we are here, then Maturi kicked us why we were down. At this point I don't even care if Alt or Bjugstad leave if we can suck for a year and get a new coach.

Maturi is being so irrational that I don't think a year of .300 hockey would get him to move. The move should have been considered 2 years ago, executed one year ago, and if DEFINITELY made this year.

I feel for you guys. To have Blais AND Guenzel would turn the program around in 1 year. Talk of Bjugs leaving is not a good indicator also, it just shows how broken the program is right now. I'm sure he would not consider leaving this year if the program was healthy.

I think I have been hanging out in nodak too much. I can't spell and my grammer is that of a 6 year old. All standard at und. I better go get a siuox jersey

Not talking about me are you smirkgrin

What is rock bottom? The day we reward those in charge for absolute failure...oh wait.

Honestly, I can't even watch the Gophers anymore. It's embarrassing. I would leave too if I had the choice to play at Minnesota and perpetually lose, or go to the NHL and get paid. When we won, we had a leg to stand on in that argument. Stay here, be a part of our winning tradition, get an education. Now it's stay here, get embarrassed every weekend, get an education.

This whole thing could end up ok for the U, Maturi might be the last one to figure out how clueless he is and lose his job along with Lucia next year. Not that I really give a [PoorWordUsage] about any of the other sports but I suppose other people do.

I just hope Blais and Guentzel are patient enough to wait one more year.

I am really hoping blais makes more the that. The last time I checked luciaa made almost a mil after tv, radio and salary.that was a few years ago. He also had bonuses that he split with coaches. Ill get you a exact number later

Ok more info.

Base pay a couple of years ago was 234,400 his overtime,academic bonus pay was 267,000. Giving roughly $500k. Plus a estimated $500k from media etc.

Ill tell ya right now blais isn't even close to that.

As many of you know I am a die had Sioux fan! Yet, if the U gets Blais sometime in the future... I may just watch some Gophers Hockey! Let's face it when Lucia won the titles, Minnesota was still getting the cream of the crop, not the hardest of coaching situations. Now look ten years later... You got Blais bringing up a NEBRASKA team while Lucia is sinking a Minnesota team! Really there is no excuse not to have one of the best or top three coaches in all of college hockey in MN!!

Anybody know what happened to all that contract talk. It was on the news. It was on the radio. But still no contract. Hmmmm I'm sure its not a b ig deal. But what is the hold up. A pay cut, they can't agree on a buyout. Lucia won't fire the assistants as part of it. I wonder...

I know some people might not think this means much but Don's son Mario still hasn't committed to any college. If his dad's future was secure at Minnesota I would think he would be have committed to the Gopher's.

I still think Mario goes to the U once Don signs. If the U offer Don a contract that he thinks he might get bought out of, then maybe Notre Dame. The Gophs are his top choice, but he isnt going to go there if Dons not there.

At the 4 he pretty much said had chosen a team.

I think Mario will follow Luigi wherever he goes. We all know who the real hero of Super Mario Brothers is.

I would put my money on the Gopher program also, but it doesn't appear to be an automatic decision like it seemed for Tony. Maybe just because of all the uncertainty out there.