• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

AX MEN

does anybody else out there think this show has gone completely downhill. Last nights show was the final nail in the coffin for me, Gabe supposedly a very busy guy, has enough time to go find his greenhorn, and throw a fit like a two year old. what a joke. This show is no longer fun to watch. It seemes like it is all scripted, it doesnt even show them doing the work anymore, just the constant drama. Oh and i love the verizon wireless add, what a bunch of sellouts. Sorry about the rant, used to be my favorite show... anybody else?

does anybody else out there think this show has gone completely downhill. Last nights show was the final nail in the coffin for me, Gabe supposedly a very busy guy, has enough time to go find his greenhorn, and throw a fit like a two year old. what a joke. This show is no longer fun to watch. It seemes like it is all scripted, it doesnt even show them doing the work anymore, just the constant drama. Oh and i love the verizon wireless add, what a bunch of sellouts. Sorry about the rant, used to be my favorite show... anybody else?

All these shows are getting to be the same way, even Pawn Shop and the Repoman is all fake with just actors now! Even the two guys looking for junk have to stand like they are tough or something in the front of the show! Just make them fun and stop all the Thug stuff!! frown

I only like the crazies on the rivers (both crews). The rest of it is just kind of lame........as mentioned too much fake drama. (More annoying than anything)

I would love to see someone slap Gabe and Melvin up along the side of the head. They show no repect for anyone. I'm guessing Gabe learned his manners form his old man. They should all go to work for Browning I'm sure Jay could beat some sense into the three of them.

Isn't it sickening how they dramatize every " NEXT WEEK'S EPISODE".... Like when ol man browning tipped over on that log, I was like holy carp I wonder what's going to happen. Than it aired.. of course it's the last scene of the show... TUNE IN NEXT WEEK TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS..

Well it worked, but I'm just saying.. grin

I think the History Ch, has gone down hill by showing this kind of c#$p! Oh yea, this is history.

Aman brother Comit 2, I was thinking the exact same thing the last time I was wasting I mean watching the History channel!

You were talking about that Melvin character, you can tell that Pihl guy is definitely a hands off/not around kind of boss because you can't treat equipment like that when the owner is near.

DD

Agree with the sentiments that the show has gone down hill. It was enjoyable that first season when they showed you how the logging was done and you kind of became engaged with the characters and what their particular job was in the whole scheme.

I for one don't like the logging score (who get's the most loads) that seems trivial as each company is a different size, plus I can't believe those numbers are accurate, they probably are just another way to make sure you watch next week.

i love watching the two crews work the rivers! i can't believe they are so cool about swimming with gators and stuff... if it was me, i'd need a new pair of shorts after diving for logs if there was talks of 7 ft gators seen nearby that day.

i can't believe how big of an attitude flip Gabe has had this year compared to last year. last season, it seemed that his dad was the "hard a$$"... Gabe must have watched last season's shows and got an ego boost and felt more compelled to show how big and bad he could act this season. i mean i believe in a sort of hazing and being hard on the greenhorns, but you don't have to be a complete jerk off about it. those guys sure get a power trip when they get to break in a new rookie.

Ax Men related, sad to read.

Quote:

4-year-old stepdaughter of 'Ax Men' star killed by Rottweiler in Astoria

By Lori Tobias, The Oregonian

March 01, 2010, 6:25PM

Clatsop County authorities are still trying to piece together what happened Sunday when a dog attack at a rural home near Astoria ended in the death of a 4-year-old girl.

Jesse Browning called 9-1-1 for help about 1 p.m. to report that his stepdaughter, Ashlynn Anderson, had been seriously injured, apparently by one of the family's two Rottweilers.

Sheriff Tom Bergin said no one is sure yet exactly what happened, only that the girl's mother, D'Ette Browning, was the first to realize something was wrong outside the family home in the 4200 block of Hillcrest Loop Road in the community of Svensen, east of Astoria.

"This mom just happened to look out and saw the dog and the child laying there," Bergin said. "Apparently, the dog just snapped."

A Life Flight helicopter flew the child to Oregon Health & Science University in Portland, but she was pronounced dead on arrival.

"Everyone was there in minutes," Bergin said. "But she was pretty severely mauled. By the time they got her to OHSU, she had lost too much blood."

The Browning family is well known in the Astoria area. Jesse Browning and his father, Jay Browning, star on The History Channel's "Ax Men." Jay Browning is the owner of Browning Logging. The show, which airs Sundays, portrays the lives of loggers across the United States.

There were two Rottweilers at the family's home. Bergin wasn't sure of the ages or gender. But four months to the day, he said, a deputy had responded to the home to remove a third Rottweiler because it had gotten aggressive.

That dog was euthanized. The two at the home Sunday were removed and are in quarantine at the county animal shelter. They will either be adopted out or euthanized.

Asked about the dangers of owning large dogs, Bergin said that those who own such canines would be wise to be "very vigilant."

"I would just say if you have an aggressive breed dog -- Rottweilers, pit bulls, even some cattle dogs -- you should be very vigilant when they are around children," he said. "There are a lot of good ones within that breed but you just have to be cautious."

A check of several Web sites indicates that Rottweilers are often ranked just after pit bulls as among the most dangerous breeds of dogs. Others on various lists include German shepherds, huskies, malamutes and Dobermans.

Anne Samuelson, former Clatsop County commissioner, knows the Browning family. She said both D'Ette and Jesse Browning were "very, very loving parents.

"The whole thing was so horrific. You could say a lot of Clatsop County is a family friend of the Browning family. I can't think of very many people who wouldn't be friends of the Browning family, and our heart breaks for them."

Bergin said the two dogs will be euthanized if the Brownings request it. If the dogs are put up for adoption instead, they would first be rated to determine their level of aggression.

The autopsy on Ashlynn will not be ready for a few days.

"This is just a sad set of circumstances and a very unfortunate death," Bergin said.

-- Lori Tobias

edititng. the way they edit the show adds drama to boring days. It really looks faked this year kinda like survivor.

I don't care for Survivor any more, but at least there was some eye candy on that show! smile

i love watching the two crews work the rivers! i can't believe they are so cool about swimming with gators and stuff... if it was me, i'd need a new pair of shorts after diving for logs if there was talks of 7 ft gators seen nearby that day.

I cant believe the S&S guys. Is it that only people that stupid would be willing to dive in there? Did anyone ever think about using some underwater cameras or sonar? Maybe just a compass to start with?

Originally Posted By: jwmiller33

I cant believe the S&S guys. Is it that only people that stupid would be willing to dive in there? Did anyone ever think about using some underwater cameras or sonar? Maybe just a compass to start with?

I think to myself every time I watch those guys that if they would just get side imaging sonar they would be able to find those logs so easily.

I agree the whole show is a "sell out" It seems like a 1 hour commercial for the big cell phone company.

I used to love the S & S boys when they had their own operation. They were the dumb and dumber of the logging industry.