• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Big Al arrested on suspicion of DUI

Scott M

"We are disappointed that Al used poor judgment last night. Thankfully, nobody was injured," David Kahn, the team's president for basketball operations, said in a statement. "We believe it is appropriate for Al to be suspended for the next two games without pay."

That's a penalty that will cost Jefferson, the Wolves' highest-paid player who earns $12 million in the second season of a five-year, $65 million contract, roughly $293,000 in lost wages.

Pocket change for these guys.... whistle

There you go. And friends ask why don't you follow pro sports?

Pathetic morals and sportsmanship.

Thugs and crybabies, i would rather try to catch fish with good people and be unsuccessful than watch that c**p.

Geesh. Some pro athletes always seem to amaze me. Why couldn't he call one of his "homeboys" to pick him up. If you don't wanna leave the car. Pay someone to drive it home for you and give them some change for a cab ride home. Yes, he may lose some "street cred" but hey, it's not like the guy can't afford it. Hopefully he's not let off and it's not another one of these cases where athletes are somehow above the long arm of the law.

Jeez, imagine my shock to hear that ANOTHER NBA player is in trouble with the law. shocked Thugs and gangsters, all of 'em. No, I can not get excited about this sport for that very reason.

Just another bum who happens to be a athlete. Just like the bums that teach, practice law, drive truck, plumb etc. etc. There every where. I havent wtached a NBA game in years. Over paid thugs and the game has gone down hill big time.

Well we have all made mistakes and his is going to cost him at least $293,000......he admitted that he made a poor choice and is not denying anything.......he made a mistake and is facing it straight on accepting the consiquences...Big Al seams to be a good guy but that night made a poor choice and at least he is being taught a lesson with out anybody getting hurt!!

One of the nicest guys in the NBA a true gentlemen. I don't blame you guys for being brainwashed into thinking all athletes and particularly NBA players are all thugs and gangsters though. I find it kind of funny actually.

GASP a person got a DWI....I'm shocked! LOL

there are alot of thugs in life period but to list a group as a whole as thugs is pretty poor especially for the guys that are out doing good......I am sure guys like Kevin Love, Lebron James, Dwayne Wade, Brian Cardinal, Al Jefferson and others like this are big thugs!! Yeah he made a mistake but who of us haven't whether you got caught or not??? Alot of these guys maybe take there situation for granted but they are human still and are bound to make mistakes...

It's hard to get excited for the NBA when our franchise has been driven into the ground by the owners and management, but if you look around the rest of the league there are teams and players that are fun to watch and put a good product on the floor. I am pretty casual until the playoffs start, then I'll watch more games until I catch the entire Finals....if we had a good team each year and I had to catch each game I would miss out on all the great outdoor activities in the state come spring time: turkey hunting, sturgeon and cat fishing, morel hunting, walleye opener, etc.

Like others have said, lots of people out there have done the same thing as Jefferson. Hopefully Al learned from it, and I don't say that lightly. He makes more money in 1 night of work than I will make in 4 years!