• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Archery in Blind (Dumb) Question

stick

I'm sure when I get some answers I'll have the reaction of slapping the forehead and saying "doh" like Homer Simpson. Anyway...the question is...what do you do with your bow when in the blind. Do you hold the bow with an arrow nocked, use some sort of hanger, use a ground post holder thingy?

I got a blind last fall, and it came with a little hanger deal, but the weight of the bow caused the roof to pop down a few times. Quite the surprise as you are in quiet mode and "whoomp" the roof caves in.

Just had the passing thought so I wanted to get it posted here.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

I believe Primos has invented a bow holder that goes on the cross beams. On mine I have a hook hanging from the top so i use that with the arrow knocked. I try to keep my lap free so I have my binoc's and stuff I use more often available. I also run a little table/stool to hold stuff also.

I hang mine often from the hanger in the middle of the blind roof. There is a tiny bit of movement on the top of the blind when you take it off the holder but absolutely no noise (put duck tape over the metal hook). I've never been busted because of it. I like having the bow right in front of me with an arrow nocked at all times. I also feel there's less movement with the bow in that position versus having to reach down to get it or raise it off your lap. The bow can also break up your outline that way because let's face it, you're never going to be completely invisible no matter what you wear or how you have the windows open.

Also, per Murphy's Law, always, always, always have an arrow nocked at all times on your way to and from and when entering and leaving a ground blind - during legal shooting hours of course. I learned this the hard way once or twice my first season. Two seasons ago, I was just about to unzip the blind door when I noticed a buck watching me from 30 yards. About 5 seconds later he ran off making a blood trail. That was my shortest hunt yet.

I always have an arrow nocked and it sits on my lap. Took me only one time not to. to realize cuts down on movement and timeing is everything in a moment. Even in a tree stand I always have an arrow nocked and it sits on my lap. My 2 cent worth