• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Beware......Vapon Trail strings/cables!

bmc

My dad just put a new set of Vapor Trails on a customer's target bow and with in a week, they broke and blew up his bow. Major damage!!!

Just an FYI for anyone that might be using them. This is the first time that my dad has had any trouble w/ these strings/cables, so maybe it was just a fluke or a bad batch???

Brian

Huh... interesting. Vaportrail is a big name and pretty well respected brand. I've not heard of any other problems with them, but I also haven't been looking either. I'm curious if this is an isolated incedent or if there is a big picture problem???

Never like to hear about these types of things. It is scary to say the least.

Anything is possible, and the strings could have been defective, but my guess is something else led to or contributed to the string breaking because there are just so many things that could lead to this other than a defective string (which is pre stretched, meaning there has been prior stress on the strings and they held up). Vapor Trail is well respected and sells quality pre stretched strings and cables from everything I hear, so if its their fault I would like to think they will make it right no matter what.

I've used Vapor Trail strings/cables exclusively on my bows since the company started. Great product. I've never heard of or experienced any issues with them myself until now. It's a good thing no one was hurt but I wouldn't put a beware tag on the company from one isolated incident. Whatever the case, Steve & Jarod will take care of you.

My first thought is why were the strings beeing replaced in the first place? Maybe he had issues with the bow that was causing unnatural string wear? A knick in the cam? Something like that? Just a thought.

Gotta go along with the others, VT has been a great product for years, can't imagine throwing in the towel for one incident.

Now if he was replacing with Winner's Choice we probably wouldn't be having this conversation. whistle

My dad got the word today from Jared, they're gonna take care of the guy who's bow got damaged. I don't believe there was anything wrong with this guy's bow. He takes good care of his stuff and is an archery fanatic. Just an isolated event...hopefully!

Brian

If this was his first issue with vt strings then it wasn't warranted for you to come on here and say a thing, especially #1 when you didn't put them on the bow, your dad did, and #2 Jared is going to take care of YOUR DAD'S customer! those are great guys at VT and they make great strings. We don't need bashing on this tread.

I put on v.t. on my bow madness after my stock strings kept spinneng on me, on my old strings I noticed my candy cane pattern was off set meaning my string was streching weird, shot vts hard for a year my candycane pattern is still perfect, Looks sweet too, I think i will be adding some vts to my carp bow as well, great product and locally owned.

keep up the good work!