• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

OK. I think the time has come......

MNUser

After living in MN for 10 years now and witnessing the slow decline of winter in the Brainerd lakes area, I think it is time to sell the sleds and get out of snowmobiling. Yesterdays rain storm was the deal breaker for me. I just can't believe how truly bad and unpredictable winter has become here. I grew up in the Dakotas and I can't remember having winters like this. By this time of the year the banks along side the driveway should be waist high!

The real bummer is I have a beautiful '07 Phazer and an '08 Nytro that are a blast to ride. My 12 year old son loves to ride and even he said last night maybe we should sell them and get new mountain bikes to ride. He said we will always have dirt and roads to ride on. He also mentioned getting a pop up camper and going camping.

We are approaching February next week and the trails here are shot. I thought maybe we should trailer but I live in central MN for gods sake. I should be able to ride from my front door.

OK. Done venting. Are there others like me out there or am I alone?

PS.......I HATE MN WINTERS!

I've just gotten back to owning snowmobile(s) and like you, I'm really wishing the riding conditions would have stayed good after the Christmas snow storms.

We just needed a few inches some time since then.

But with that said, whatya gonna do? They're a toy and I'll play with them when I can. I just made sure to buy with utility in mind. They were picked as ice fishing tools first and rec. riding toys second, so I feel I still can get my use out of em.

If I had sleds as nice as yours, I'd be jonesin' too and probably planning an out of town trip for some ridin!

that was one of the reasons i sold mine this fall and really got into ice fishing more than i have in the past.. we always seem to get plenty of ice but the snow comes and goes. one thing that does drive one nutz about this subject is everyone jumping to the conclusion thats its all about global warming crazy

I'm the opposite just got back into sleds, mainly to pull my ice shack but having a blast just playing. Heading out here shortly for a little mid afternoon ride before tonights big game. My sleds nothing new but runs great and fun, not alot invested but even without snow I'll still get use out of it pulling the shack on the ice.

ya geeeez my weather bug said chance of 6 inches

i think we are losing 6 inches

i agree one snow storm a yr doesnt make for very good riding

then we get some in the spring who wants it then

raining pretty good here right now

OK. Done venting. Are there others like me out there or am I alone?

Just sold mine this Christmas. frown

Thank God for that big snowfall as it took less than 2 days to sell it on C List for more than I thought I'd get for it. smile

After much thought, I listed them both on C list today. We will see what happens. I won't give them away.

MNUser, sorry to hear. frown I wish you could have had them when we go for our Northshore ride Feb 6th. I'm hanging my hopes on some lake effect snow up that way. At least your son is coming up with ideas for you two to keep doing stuff together. That's the most important thing! Maybe some wheelers or Enduro bikes would be fun? Well, if you still have the sleds on the weekend of Feb, 6th hope you will think about trailering over there for a ride. smile

I had bought new sleds up until 2002 and then sold them because of the weather. Well this year I picked up a 15 year old beauty, and I couldnt be more happy. I have the snowmobiling in my blood and have to do it, its like a drug top me!!! Mine now may not be the best, newest, or fastest, but it get me around and I have a ton of fun on it. Maybe you can sell the two new ones, buy two older less expensive models and still buy other things for enjoying the outdoors and not feel so bad about it. It worked for me!!!! mine could sit for 3 years and I would not care, its paid for with no loan and being the age it is I can fix anything on it!!!

I got my 1996 Polaris XLT Touring for Ice Fishing 1st but my wife loves short rides on the back. I live 2 blocks from a trail I can take to Mich if I want. Ya I dont use it as much as I like but it was cheap and its just another toy. Toys cant be played with all the time.

Its winter in Minnesota, and the gentle breezes blow, at 70 miles an hour at 35 below. Oh how I love Minnesota, when the snows up to your butt. You take a breath of winter and nose gets frozen shut. Yes, the weather here is wonderful, so I guess I'll hang around, I could never leave Minnesota... as my [PoorWordUsage] is frozen to the ground!!