• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best winch for the buck

pulleye16

Looking at buying a new winch for my '09 honda foreman. Was looking at viper winches through moto alliance and can get a 2500lb with synthetic rope, fairlead, block and tackle, atv mount, winch stoper, and winch cover for about $250 all said in down....is this a good deal? Are they good winched? any other winches to consider? Who can put these on for me?

Thanks

Motto Alliance winches have a great following on a ranger forum I'm on. Never heard anything bad, great customer service, local company in Rogers. Call for your best price. Can't go wrong with the synthetic rope, excellent choice.

Take a serious look at Gorilla/Promark winches. They are priced right!!! 2500lb for like 140.00!!! They get good reviews and are distributed locally. I just had a Warn go to heck and it was out of warranty. I decided to take it apart and try to fix it myself. With the help of the local authorized repair shop, I was able to fix it myself for 22.00....even got it back together correctly, which, is a major accomplishment for me!!!! I added a Gorilla thumb rocker and a remote control to my Warn 4 years ago and it works great.

If I wasn't able to fix the Warn, I would have bought a Gorilla for sure. One more thing, buy it on 3bay, to get the price. With 3bay, it's cheaper, however, you only get a 6 month warranty as opposed to the lifetime, if you buy it direct.

I've bought stuff from them. Solid reputation, good products, can't see where you can go wrong. Easy to install yourself. It will come with everything you need and a good set of instructions. If you have any problems just call them. Very good customer service.

I would be interested in one of those for my Rubicon. Can you tell me where you are getting this deal? Thanks

Moto alliance dot com or search The big E store online and search for them.

I think I'll go through with this purchase from them as I've heard more then enough good comments about thier company. I am not an electrician and nervous about spliting the ignition wires to hook up my winch personally but I think I may give it a try if I can't find a place to do it at a reasonable price...Thanks for the help

thanks hafnutz... For some reason I thought I had to split the wire. Will the winch run with the ATV off then or will the solenoid prevent that? thought i heard you could burn out your winch if something gets jammed if its connected striaght to the battery. I'm not to sure what I'm talking about as I have never done this but thought I had read it some where.

It will only run while you hold the switch on in either direction. In the unlikely event that it gets jammed as soon as you let go of the switch the solenoid will go to open and kill the power to the winch.

No matter how its wired, a circuit breaker should be in place to protect the winch, wiring and solenoid. Solenoids have been known to stick in the on position due to heat/arcing from heavy load or from low voltage. Its always a good idea to protect a heavy circuit to avoid potential disaster.

So I'm more confused but hopefully when i purchase this winch there will be good instructions. Sounds Like I DO have to splice in some wires. Also, do you have to buy the circuit breaker extra, or do they usually come with the installation kit?

Hi Guys,

Nice board here....great discussion. A couple of things may help:

1. You should not have to do any splicing to wire up everything. This was an option with our ELITE winches, but now the red key switch wire is exposed for easy install.

2. I have spoken with the gentleman who was upset about our service. It doesn't happen often, but we did drop the ball on service with him.....lack of communication between our tech and me. I take full responsibility for this.

I was going to post our entire conversation and let you all decide if we are "scumbags" around here or if we just make a mistake. smile. But he assured me he would follow up after everything has been resolved. We seemed to end on good terms and he seems like a good guy.

On a side note, the Teryx kit is a very unique install in that the color of the wires have to be reversed for proper length. Doesn't cause any issues as it's all the same wire. We've sold hundreds of these kits without issue as guys just change the color....they are long enough. We've recently changed our Teryx kit and the instructions will reflect the unique install for it.

Hope that helps. We've worked really hard to create series of high quality products at reasonable prices.....let us know if you have any questions. I will have our Social Media Rep., Tim, take a further look at this board to see if we should become a sponsor here -- then you all can get some discounts too.

Have a great weekend.

Peter

CEO

Motoalliance

Thru several emails, Peter has resolved my issue and I have received everything from him that I was promised. As I told him it is too bad that it had to get to this point. But as most of you know when you buy something you expect it to all be there and work correctly. I will tell you that Peter is a great guy that does care about his customers. The question is, would I buy from MotoAlliance again? Absolutely!! A winch is not something you buy often, and for myself chances are I'll never need another. But if someone asks, I'll send them to MotoAlliance.