• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Looking for a group to go trail riding with.

leech~~

I emailed the Crooked Lake lodge on the Northshore to see what kind of openings that may have for any up coming weekends. It's pretty rustic lodge. Out houses, wood or Propane heat, cooking stoves,cabins sleep 2-8 people, but they do have a bar called the Trestle Inn right there for dinner or Pop's. Also the trail is about 100 yards down the road. From the resort you can hit the northshore trail or go north all the way to Ely. So it's just one idea. I will let everyone know what they have open when they get back to me probably tomorrow. smile

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it looks like some can do a day ride and some that would like to do a weekend deal. Maybe we can come up with a ride for both. Start listing which you would like to go for and maybe we could do both. I'm up for each. One day ride some where or a weekend somewhere. Put what you can do and ideas where you would like to go. And if you need a trailer spot or would like to trailer with someone. I am wide open guys! :)Leech~~

if it was up the north shore i'd stay up there (probably some place with indoor plumbing tho).......lol

maybe ride sunday to

i'm very flexialbe for when and where

the only reason i probably wouldnt go if it was like 10 below

or worse

We would be up for a day of riding along the north shore. Staying overnight would be tough. Let me know the day and I will see if it works.

Mnuser, gregg52, It looks like both you guys are from Brainard. How about if you two hook up and trailer together and I and who ever else wants to come can meet over on the Northshore for a day trip. The Moose Walk trail would be a good day ride. We can unload right at the bar in Finland and the trail makes a loop right back to the bar. Good place to have lunch-dinner on the way out. I am open on dates but maybe going to LOW on 2/26-3/1 but wide open for any other weekends. Maybe you two can get together and see what you think and set a date and lets GO! cry

Esox-

Sorry..I hope it's ok if I jump in here.

I would be up for a day-ride with ya. I'm at Madelia, MN. We have a trail system that runs SE out of town towards Vernon Center, Amboy, and Winnebago. Or, you can run SW out of town towards Ormsby and over to Windom. And, there is another trail that runs north to Hanska, then New Ulm. There is a variety of trail conditions, wooded river bottom, open fields and some ditch bangin. But, it is all groomed! It isn't like being up in the north-woods but still would be a pretty descent day trip.

Just thought I would throw that by ya. Give it some thought.

PS. I ride an XLT as well! ;-)

Leech I might be able to make a day of it up there as well. Im not really to keen on spending the night though.I might use one side of your trailer. I have a single place but it would save on costs for me to team up. Not this weekend though, fish are bitting too good!

Aso I'll E-mail you about the big pond. I went today and did pretty good took my share of our quota. I'll fill you in later. Tomorrow though gotta go fillet um up.

Leech I might be able to make a day of it up there as well. Im not really to keen on spending the night though.I might use one side of your trailer. I have a single place but it would save on costs for me to team up. Not this weekend though, fish are bitting too good!

Aso I'll E-mail you about the big pond. I went today and did pretty good took my share of our quota. I'll fill you in later. Tomorrow though gotta go fillet um up.

Sounds good to me, just waiting to see what the Brainard guys are thinking and if they have a date! wink

Esox-

Sorry..I hope it's ok if I jump in here.

I would be up for a day-ride with ya. I'm at Madelia, MN. We have a trail system that runs SE out of town towards Vernon Center, Amboy, and Winnebago. Or, you can run SW out of town towards Ormsby and over to Windom. And, there is another trail that runs north to Hanska, then New Ulm. There is a variety of trail conditions, wooded river bottom, open fields and some ditch bangin. But, it is all groomed! It isn't like being up in the north-woods but still would be a pretty descent day trip.

Just thought I would throw that by ya. Give it some thought.

PS. I ride an XLT as well! ;-)

I might be up for that, my familys from Windom so kinda know the area and its not far for me.

I felt like I was in the Northwoods last night. The trail is in great shape here. Rode through the woods, kicked up 7 deer and came upon a bunch of sleddogs.

IMG00148.jpg

dtro, very cool pic, will have to setup a ride one of these weekends. Does your wife ride? Maybe we could get the ladies out for a day as well? wink

so are we go ridin

or lookin at doggie pics !!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

I hear ya! How about this. Lets pick a date either the Sat,23rd or the 30th of this month. Once we get a date, all who can make it can meet up in Finland on the Northshore for a one day ride at the Four Season Supper Club at say 10:30-11:00am.

GPS cords for the Supper Club are N 47 24 267' W 91 14 765' for those that have a GPS to use. We can unload there take the Moose Walk trail which is a nice scenic little trail that has 4 shelters around the loop and then go back to the bar for lunch. The Moose Walk trail hooks right up with the Northshore trail for those that want to keep on going. There are also some motels close by down on the hyw or close by towns for those that want to stay over and ride Sunday. So lets start post your pick of a day so we can firm up a plan! cool

Opps! Yep sorry, forgot to say. Yes go ahead and ask the wife which day you can go!!! laughlaughlaugh

Leech, gregg52-

My wife and I took the kids riding up along the north shore last March. We rode over to Finland and got caught up in Finland's "St. Urho's day" celebration/parade! What a hoot!! We still laugh about it. Beautiful riding in that area. Have fun.

Esox-

The offer stands. Let me know if you are interested. I will be gone for a week Feb. 6-13th. Other than that, I think I'm open.

The offer stands for anyone if they want to come down here and ride sometime. In Madelia there is a new AmericInn motel, BP Convenience store (with 91oct non-oxygenated fuel) and "Goodfella's" resturant/bar all right next to one another and right on the trail just off hwy 60. Riverside Snowmobile trail.

Leech, gregg52-

My wife and I took the kids riding up along the north shore last March. We rode over to Finland and got caught up in Finland's "St. Urho's day" celebration/parade! What a hoot!! We still laugh about it. Beautiful riding in that area. Have fun.

Esox-

The offer stands. Let me know if you are interested. I will be gone for a week Feb. 6-13th. Other than that, I think I'm open.

The offer stands for anyone if they want to come down here and ride sometime. In Madelia there is a new AmericInn motel, BP Convenience store (with 91oct non-oxygenated fuel) and "Goodfella's" resturant/bar all right next to one another and right on the trail just off hwy 60. Riverside Snowmobile trail.

I'm up for it just have to see what date will work for us both. I'm busy this weekend and possibly the 23rd, not sure on that one yet.

Just a thought, the 30th is the Shackbash benefit for those who plan to attend. The 23rd may result in a better turn out.

Macgyver55, good point!

So then Jan 23rd it is. Not sure who all can make it or how far you will be driving from. But we can all meet at the location I posted above in Finland at about 10:30 AM. Here is who we have so far.

Leech, gregg52 & Mabr. Back2Dakota, MNUser, TimR, Frogtosser, how about you guys? And anyone else that wants to show up. Lets ride! laugh