• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who's Shooting Indoor Leagues This Winter???

DonBo

I'll be shooting Chilakoot's (near Somerset, WI) indoor animal league starting this week.

Got a new Mathews DXT late last summer that I hunted with, but never really got to shoot enough to feel comfortable with. Looking forward to some serious shooting to see what it's capable of.

Anyone else looking forward to the winter leagues?

Not me! For some very strange reason, I've never had an interest in shooting competitively. I love to shoot- I'll fling arrows 2-4x/week all Winter long (after a few weeks off). However, leagues aren't for me.

But... I'm in the minority on this one I bet! Leagues are a great thing- I wish I could get interested, but for some reason, it's just not in me.

where do you find out about these leagues?

is there a HSOforum??

Most every archery pro-shop has leagues, as do many private archery clubs. Tell us where you're located and you'll likely get plenty of responses from your area.

My son and I will be shooting at Gander Mtn in Forest lake on Tuesday nights.

We used to shoot at Wolf Track Archery Club but that has since foledd.

The Gander Mountain range is narrow but up to 35 yards long w/ 10 stations. We will be shooting 3 arrows at each 3D target from 10 to 35 yards with some obsticals and such. I am looking forward to it. It could get expensive in the arrow department--could be why they shoot 3 arrows--- HMMMM wink

We jsut went up and shot on Saturday - It felt good. I did not get out bowhunting this fall and havn't shot since late September.

Enjoy the leagues

Steve

My 8 year old son and I are shooting league in Hutchinson. We have shot two times already with the first score being are handicap. This is are first time shooting at a 300 target I shot a 289 for my handicap score I thought that was to bad for my first time shooting with a 280 for my second score. I don't remember what my x count was but we are already planning on going up to Bemidji for state and have been looking for other shoots to go to. I have found pretty much starting next weekend you can go to either a indoor 3D or 300 shoot every weekend if you are willing to travel which we are because my son loves to shoot so much. I actually have a target set up in basement for him to shoot at 10 yards. Good luck to all of you

I will be shooting again this year at starland archery near Alexandria. I beleive there are still openings so feel free to call out there and find more out. Last year was my first year and I had a blast and it's good practice.Deerhunter where did you find the info on all the other shoots.

Our league will be starting next week. I got back into it just to help with my shooting form. This is a 300 league. (I used to shoot the animal targets years ago, but got out of after my son went off to college) Several of the guys shoot tournaments ALOT, and one of them won a National Title several years ago. We have a good time even though i'm just a bow hunter. grin

Where did you find the info on all the other shoots.

Check out the MSAA (MN State Archery Assoc) HSOforum. They post shoots from all their affiliated clubs. Also look at the Indianhead Archery League HSOforum for lots of public shoots in western Wisconsin.

Ist night last night. Was pretty excited to shoot some arrows through the new bow. It was great! Shot the high score for the night with an 830 out of 900. Should have shot an 860, but shot two arrows at the wrong target. frown