• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

5th Annual spearing GTG summary

Gordie

This was some of the nicest weather that we have had during a spearing outing and it was great to see all of the fellow FMers and some possible future FMers speacially the one that walked away with the New Fish Toys Saw anyone know his name for the life of me I can't remember. The food was great and the treats were even better the only thing we were missing was the PIKE on the end of the spear out of 7 guys and 1 gal not one pike was speared but thats not always whats is about. A few were seen but none were harpooned and I (elwood) am still holding on to the Nord Lord trophy until the next time grin BTW I have to do some repair tto the trophy a last minuete turn on the way to the lake resulted in some damage to the trophy. but we have the tecnolagy to rebuild it. grin

I know merkman got some pics and I hope he posts them soon my camera wasnt able to cature any of the fun this time.

DEITZ it wasn't the same with out the sprinkler going and I cant match that at all laugh

weell I hope to see all of you again in Febuary at the next GTG lake to be determined soon.

WOW looks like fun wish I could have made the trip too. Possibly we could hold the next GTG in the Brainerd Lakes Area? Then we could hold it out on the Whitefish Chain, No. Long, Leech, Ten Mile, or Round Lake. Ok there not all in the Brainerd area but bigger lakes though.

MR

Looks likes it was a great time for all!! Sorry I couldn't make it this year!! No surprise to me that BNS was standing right next to the food in all them pictures!! smilewink

Elwood are you coming to cass??

thought you said I should stay home CB laugh I just might head that way for a day or two depends on the work out look.

and yes it was no suprise at all on where BNS was during lunch and I'm glad some else brought it up first so I did'nt have to. But would have no problem saying something about it. hands in the cookie jar dude grinlaugh Great pics BTW Merk thanks

Meat-run funny you should say that about the brainerd area lake as thats where we were talking about haveing the next GTG anyway. just not sure excatly where yet. any hints on a lake

What a great day to be out on the ice. And a great bunch of people to be out on the ice with. It was nice to meet all of you and see how much spearing has changed since I did it as a kid. For those of you how do enjoy spearing I would suggest you do your best to make their next GTG. Thanks for letting a non-spearer stop by and visit and show me some of your tools of the trade, especially those homemade decoys. See you on the ice.

Greg

elwood,

North Long main lake, Round, Edward, Gull all are good candidates for the next GTG. Did I read correctly that the next gather is in February? If so I will more likely make it as i'm gone for most of January because of work. Lets just hope we don't get socked with wet heavy snow the rest of the winter but as we are sitting now it could be a great winter for driving almost any place on most lakes before xmas.

mr

It sure was a great day on the hard ice. It wasnt all about getting fish, but hangin out with a few spearing friends. It seems to me that it gets bigger and bigger every year, and i hope the next one this year will be even bigger. More people the better

Thanks merk and glenny for the cooking, and sham, your wife was awesome to bring them cookies. Man them browines were awesome