• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

mathews z-7

wahoohendoo

Talked to the Bow guys at Scheels. One is a huge Hoyt fan and bragged up the Z7. Said if he wasn't shopping for a speed bow it would be between that and the new one Hoyt came out with. Awesome to shoot but he said everyone who has bought the monster just be kicking themselves. He said though if he was looking for a speed bow the new one by Bowtech is supposedly awesome.

Shot it a lot I really like it, I'm getting a reason but only because my buddy is upgrading to the Z7, shoots like a dream and is fast for a solo, if I had the money I'd be buying it, I'd agree with it being the best mathews yet although I don't like how it looks really similar to the Limbsaver Deadzone bow from like two years ago, but otherwise I really can't see much of a fault in it

I am upgrading from my Mathews featherlight (97 model). I checked out the Z7 and it's all everyone says it is. I put down a deposit and I'll have it before Christmas. Can't wait! I feel like a kid waitind for a new bike!

id buy a destroyer if i was buying a new bow gringrin c'mon now, what is everyones hype with needing a "speed bow"? isnt every single bow made today a speed bow? isnt 300 ft/sec fast enough?

im a bowtech man, or at least anything related to it, like a diamond, and i thought a lot of bows on the market were the cats meow compared to the reezen, so its good to see they built one better than that!

by the way, isnt last years mcpherson monster faster than the z7?

Yes, about 30 fps IBO. And from what I am hearing, there is a new Monster this year that is supposed to be quite a bit better (shootability wise) than last years model (which was fast but not a joy to shoot from what users were saying).

I changed my mind. I shot the monster 70#/ 28" just to see what it was all about and bought it instead of the Z-7. I honestly couldn't feel much of a difference, between the how the two shot, but the monster far outperformed the z-7(imho). I shot a heavy arrow (490 grains) at 320fps. Talk about kinetic energy! I can only imagine what the longer drawlengths shoot like. BTW: the Z-7 shot the same arrow at 280fps.

Got a chance to shoot the Z7 along with the Hoyt Maxxis. I was all set to buy the Maxxis at one time but ended up ordering the Z7. They were close, both really sweet bows, but the Z7 was just a tad quieter and just liked the way it shot a litte better. Can't go wrong with either bow IMO.

Same here snooze, I stopped by the plac in Hudson and shot both last tuesday, I shoot Hoyt now and I tried the Maxxis and the Z7 side by side, dont think you could go wrong with either, and about the same price tag as well. I almost hate to say though that I liked the Z7 a tad better and that might be the one I end up ordering.

They didn't have the Bowtech Destroyer in yet so I want to at least wait till I can shoot that, although not sure it's worthy of even holding the quivers of either of the afformentioned.

id buy a destroyer if i was buying a new bow gringrin c'mon now, what is everyones hype with needing a "speed bow"? isnt every single bow made today a speed bow? isnt 300 ft/sec fast enough?

I just picked up my 2010 destroyer 340 last saturday and WOW........it is a sweet bow!! Fast, quiet, smooth........needless to say, i like it alot!! haha!!

im a bowtech man, or at least anything related to it, like a diamond, and i thought a lot of bows on the market were the cats meow compared to the reezen, so its good to see they built one better than that!

this from a guy who takes head on shots! There is no comparison between mathews and bow-tech. the bow tech shoots ok at best and if you ever have problem with a bow tech good luck with there customer service. As far as overall shoot ability bow tech doesnt hold a candle to a mathews. We cant even get a bow-tech in this part of the state anymore because there customer service is so bad! There is a reason the best archers in the world shoot mathews! Being they could shoot any bow on the market> Yes we could go to the local chain store and buy a Diamond but then when you get home thats just what you have a bow from a chain store!!

guess i dont see what your point is. there is no comparison between the shots i take and the equipment used to take such shots, unless you're saying all of my decisions are poor. im guessing by the tone of your post you're taking a shot at me. oh well, im going to look at my mount i shot head on with a diamond bow!! gringrin

any bow will do the job. shot placement does the trick. even a low percentage shot in the proper spot can yield a harvest. people wound deer broadside all the time. nothing wrong with a little "mine is better than yours" jabbering.

As far as overall shoot ability bow tech doesnt hold a candle to a mathews. ...There is a reason the best archers in the world shoot mathews!

I have no idea what you are talking about and I'm quite certain you don't either. There are some great archers who shoot Mathews. Some great archers also shoot Hoyt, Bowtech, PSE, etc. This peeing match between brands is nothing short of ridiculous and usually equates to nothing more than "I shoot brand X and therefore, brand X is the best and all other brands stink." It's silly and it's wrong.

I was ribbing Mathews earlier, but it was just ribbing. I know enough to know that Mathews makes a good product, but no better than the other biggies in the field.

Like to add,

We have a couple of bows on our hitlist, but right now we do not think it is time.

I would like to compare,shoot and purchase a Matthews Z7 and a PSE Omen, she would like to compare a Matthews Passion and the one one she shoots now.

We like what we shoot now, but technology has us wondering.

Mark