• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

First Archery DEER!

Joe15

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay I know I should't post this because I don't have pictures yet but I'm not sure where the camera went that we took the pics of and I have too much homework to look but anyway. Yesterday I went out and hung a stand in a new spot. So tonight I decided to see what would go on there. So I'm sitting in my stand right after school. 4:45 rolls around and I hear alot of noise behind me so I turn around and there is a big truck just dumping dirt, so I was like great now the nights shot. Well I stuck it out and a half hour later a doe and two fawns pop into the picture and they are behind me. So I'm looking over and I know the doe scented me but just ignored it because she had her nose in the air for about five minutes. So I turn and look into the bean field and about 150 yards away is a buck coming towards me. This is now about 5:00. So I keep watching him. All of a sudden I realize I now have 9 does and fawns behind me so I was thinking great they are going to bust me. I look for the buck again and he is gone. So I just wait. At about 5:15 I see him coming right at the montana buck decoys and he is about 10 yards away and I draw and pop him right in the front shoulder and he drops instantly. Well story isn't over yet. He tries to get up and walk away into a corn field well pull himself into a cornfield. So I shoot him in the spine and that was the end of it. Haven't scored him yet but he a seven pointer with one weird antler that must have gotten broken early in the spring. It has a drop tine too!