• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Largest 8 pointer ever

propster

We'll hear about it soon enough. A buck recently killed near Cannon Falls that is a true 4 x 4 that reportedly grosses in the 190's and nets like 189. Previous biggest in the world I was aware of was a gun kill that went 185. I forget the state. I've seen a pic on a cell phone. It looks like it is that big, but I don't know who scored it, and whether they can be trusted they knew what they were doing. But supposedly 27" inside and 32" beams. If it is as claimed, this would be North American Whitetail cover-type stuff, so don't know how soon he'll publicize. If I find out more and he's okay with it, I'll keep you all posted. Thought I'd throw this out just to get everyone all keyed up! Good luck the next several days - they'll be the best of the year.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you'll be impressed Harvey. I know I was. Biggest I've ever officially scored was a 222 non-typ, but nowdays those are almost a dime a dozen. This as a clean typical is in a class by itself. I'm scoring it tomorrow for him and will post the stats.

Just received this E-mail

Possible record 8 point shot near Cannon Falls, MN

The taxidermist has measured him at 192" gross and net 189" green score. He was shot east of Cannon

Falls this past weekend. Supposedly the nearby land owners have had

sheds and trail camera's of this mammoth, but have been pretty tight

lipped about it. His last couple of years sheds showed pretty much the

same frame without the extreme mass he has this year. Don't know how

much he weighed or how old he was, but truly an old buck. It goes to

show that even leaving the 8 pointers go and grow up can really make

them something special some day.

The buck is a great specimen, I'd never take anything away from a deer like that reguardless of score. If you knew the guy that shot it you'd throw red flags up instantly, I just hope this animal was taken fairly. I know for a fact the deer is legit the flag is the hunter.