• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What scent works best.

I go to a couple of places tha harvest Estrus.I have two right now collecting Estrus there doe's are in now.I have had great luck and fresh.I go there he bottles it up right there so I know it has not been sitting in a bottle on shelf for a year.

I've used special golden estrus over the past 6 years, every time a doe or buck has come across the wicks, they have stopped to smell it, and followed it from one wick to the next. Also tried using it in a dripper that was hung too low--found the dripper about 20 feet away from the mock scrape with half the cover and all the string chewed off after daylight on opening morning. I do not leave the scent wicks out overnight. Also, found it really helps to use two scent drags on the way in, one of the Special Golden Estrus tied to one leg and the other of Red Fox urine. I've heard that deer trust to go where the fox travels. Good Luck!

Always heard good things about Whitcomb's but haven't used it.

Golden Estus brought one nice 8 in for me.

Last year I tried Musker's, a local guy, and I think it worked really well. I had a huge buck come to it twice only it was too late and I couldn't shoot.

I picked up a bottle of doe and a bottle of buck last week. It was one week old in the refrigerator where I bought it. They're having a good share of repeat customers this year.

Heck, when I first took a whiff of it last year, I even thought it was good! The freshest yet.

Like was mentioned - a local guy that knows how to handle his product is probably your best bet in scent.

BTW, a friend tried (new) tampons for dragging one year. He doused em with scent and went walking. Well, they swelled up so big he couldn't drag em through the woods any more! laugh

My wife's pregnant so I'm out of luck on that front. Anyone willing to sneak in the bathroom and smuggle some "prescented" ones for me? sick

Seriously, there's a long thread on one of the other archery sights on this. Supposedly, a few diehards swear by it.

I think I'll pass.

They do work well.

I have used Whitcomb's with some luck.

I have also used James valley which I believe is in South Dakota.

I really like the gel.

I would pour the scent on the tampoon as I once slide it into the scent bottle and didn't get it out fast enough. I never did get it out of the bottle. Lesson learned.

hunter specialties, more companies need to go back to bottles with spray tops. really not a big fan of scents seen to many deer react so different to so many smells. but that being said i do no human scent is a big no no so weather an attractant or cover scent its something to try.

Will doe estrous scent spook does? My buddy claims that once they get a whif of it they bolt.

Can anyone else confirm or dispute this?

As much as I want to shoot a buck, I also want to fill my management tag, so I don't want to put out any doe repellent.

Nels

Will doe estrous scent spook does? My buddy claims that once they get a whif of it they bolt.

Can anyone else confirm or dispute this?

As much as I want to shoot a buck, I also want to fill my management tag, so I don't want to put out any doe repellent.

Nels

I gave up on scents about 4-5 year ago, sure sometimes they might pull in a buck (usuall small) but many of the deer I saw would either ignore the scent or go on alert. I don't think anything man can put in a bottle can compare with the real smell of a hot doe or rutting buck. The Mature deer know the difference. I will say anything can and will happen so I am not suprised when I hear stories about large bucks that come in on a string to the scent but overall I feel it is to your advantage to stay as scent free as possible and save your $$$.