• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

gopher UND series

cbrooks

Booooo!!! Hissss!!! Another uninspired gopher team makes the trip to grand forks. It's clear the only people who are excited about the rivalry are the fans. I'm ashamed of the Maroon and Gold. No effort and even less passion, I hope all those pretty boys get their contracts at the end of their lackluster collegiate careers. The only bright spot was Kangas. The Sioux are now 9-2-1 in the last 12, that's not a rivalry that's domination.

I think Lucia thinks that it is a no checking league that they play in. If the gophers don't play the body at all they will be lucky to win 10 games this year. I think Donny is done after this year anyway. With the talent he gets every year and to play like they did last night is unacceptable.

I didn't expect the Gophers to come back and as well as they did on Saturday. If they play like that the rest of the year they should go far. Like the post above they got two good goalies but I thought Patterson look a little better. I think the gophers will surprise some people this year. They have a tough team next week with Denver.

As for UND I'm pretty happy with how they look except for goalie Brad Eidsness. I know he got s shutout the first night but he has look rusty this year so far. I say give the nod to freshman Aaron Dell next week up in Anchorage. Go Sioux.

It sure was embarasing to be a Gophers fan. I am very disapointed in the way we played.Ya they came back and got a tie but they need to do something different. Yes they have lost a lot of BIG players to the NHL nad I cant blame them, but they need to find a way to keep players there for more than 2 years. Make them true Freshman go play a yr of Jrs.

Coaching- I think Lucia ia a great coach. Infact look at the players he has brought to MN, just wish he could find a way to keep them. I cant figue out why we still have Hill. He sucked when he was a head coach in Alaska and I think he still stinks. Let Potulny be main assistant and can Hill I guess it pays off to be good freinds with Lucia.

Bryce,

Maybe things are backwards this year, where the Fighting Pooh start fast and take a dive at the end, and the Goofers start slow and get a rollin' for the playoffs! grin

I always Love that one ... I fully expect the Sioux to fall flat on there face in the play-offs again they've played absolutely terrible hockey the last 3 plus post-seasons!....almost like clock-work actually!

I love this Fire Lucia comments!

Parity is here and has been here in college hockey the days of dominant teams are over we now have a wide open competitive sport in college hockey!

I think as a conference "wcha" if we get a lone team to the Frozen four that would be an accomplishment!

Was beginning to think you guys had finally seen the light and given up hope grin. I know, I know... most recent champions... blah, blah, blah... 2 in a row... blah,blah, blah. 17 more years and maybe you'll be able repeat that mantra wink. Hopefully the Sioux will keep picking them up here and there and stay in the lead for MOST National Championships. You do realize that you first have to reach the Frozen Four to win a championship. Have a good season guys.