• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pre/Post Game Minnesota Wild Banter

JimBuck

Good game against a good team. Nice to battle back and tie it at 2 but giving up that VERY late goal in the 2nd did us in. Then going down two fairly early in the 3rd is almost impossible against a team like that. Still made it exciting though!

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Wild got spanked last night. I caught the first period before going to a game of my own and it didn't look pretty.

On a related note, where does VS. get these commentators and announcers?! The intermission report is good but the guys in the booth are a couple of knuckleheads. It makes me appreciate the games with Gorg, Greenlay,Terhaar and Darby. Now these guys have an interesting dynamic! I love hearing em' raz LaPanta about his rug.

I guess I've got nothing against the VS announcers. They are always one sided about the bigger market teams, but that's the norm.

We were great in the first period. If we would have plaed like that the whole game, we would have had a chance. Huet really kept us from getting anywhere, we probably should have had 2/3 going into the third where we decided to take a bunch of terrible penalties.

What was with Zanon? He had a terrible game last night.

That would have been a great one to see! Watched to last two periods of it and it was total domination. Kipper didn't look like a wall like he usually does and Iginla was all but absent. Great performance all around by the Wild last night.

Great bounce back game from the previous four losses, most of which they played ok/well but still lost. That could have take a huge toll on their confidence. It didn't look like it did.

HUGE win tonight. Despite being out shot, we found a way to put the puck in the net. Backstrom played out of his mind and Latendresse played like a mad man. It was amazing how many bandwagon pens were in the rink tonight.

Everyone's a #87 fan I guess. Well, at least Bettman is happy.

Anyone else think Cooke should have gotten a diving penalty in the third? That guy is what's wrong with the NHL. Divers need to be taken out of the game, just like headhunters.

Huge win last night, now lets keep the ball rolling against Vancouver and the whiney, cheapshot, dive artist Burrows.

I agree, Cooke is a diver and I can't believe they called that but missed Nolan getting tripped in the 2nd. Also couldn't believe someone didn't pound Gonchars face in after that retaliation check on Clutterbuck.

Looking forward to the Vancouver match.

I love Clutterbucks game it seems he is good for drawing a penalty from someone. I was also surprised a proper retalliation wasn't given, but the game was more important than getting even. We won on the scoreboard and that was much more satisfying to me!

Another solid game and Latendress is playing like an all star it is fun to watch this team and beating the NHL's best. I just hope we can squeeze into the playoffs even as a 7 or 8 I think we are a very dangerous team!

That Hawks game was amazing and the only shootout I remember going about that long was an old Minnesota Moose game that went like 10 or 11 guys I think. There were a lot of goals scored in that shootout but the Moose won. Ahhhh.... memories!

Good game ahead of us this evening. It will be interesting to see if the wild can continue meshing the way they have the past 3 games.

It sounds like winning tonight would put us two points behind the #8 spot for playoffs. We've been making some significant progress and it shows. It seems that Clutterbuck is questionable after leaving practice early today. Hopefully he can make it back to the lineup as he's been playing very well for us lately. The comment he had regarding Gonchar retiring next year "for his own good" was pretty funny.

Did anyone hear about this Burrows fiasco? What a schmuck this guy is. They discussed it last night during the Rangers vs. Devils game and also had said he was fined 2500 bucks for the comments. Good deal. I would love to be a fly on the glass for tonights game.

I would like to know what was going through those two guys heads when their coach told them to go start a fight with Boogaard and Scott. I'm sure it was something along the lines of, "I'm pretty sure I signed that life insurance form."

Hordichuck didn't get it that bad since Boogy just flipped his sweater over his head and called it good. The other guy, wow. We won't be seeing him for a while and if anyone does they probably won't recognize him. Scott got some really good punches in.

With the exception of the second period, it was a great game and Latendresse even extended his points streak.