• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

lumenok

bucktailsam

Has anyone had any experience with these lighted nocks? I was shooting the burt coyote lumenok and it was very difficult to have it turn on properly or even at all. It was also so heavy it would drop the arrow 6 inches at 30 yards, has anyone got a product they would recommend besides the burt coyote model?

thanks,

sam

I have tried the lumenoks and I wasn't real impressed with them either. I would suggest you take a look at Firenocks as they are a much better lighted nock in my opinion. Just google firenock to check the HSOforum out.

I tried the Lumenock and I had maybe 20% turn on. Well the tracer is 100% and awesome. But you do have to put that magnet somewhere and took me a few hours of tweaking to get it placed where it wasn't whipping my arrow. I also like how the Tracer after 15 seconds will Flash till dead.

I put the Easton Tracers on mine and my kids arrows this year. The magnet situation took a little getting used to but it seems to work well.

Well, except for the kid losing her magnet on our first hunt. smirk

I also did not experience noticable arrow drop after putting them on. They come with practice nocks but I haven't felt the need to use them.

One piece of advice:

Get the orange ones. You can see them better after they're lit - even in good daylight. I put green on my arrows and it can be tough to see if they're on accidently (which happens more than it should). There's no question when my daughter's orange nocks are lit.

All of my Lumenocks turn on. I simply twist it off by just a bit and they always activaste for me. It took me a bit to figure it out but now they are great.

Shooting from 20-30 yards, I didn't notice enough drop to be concerned. I adjusted my sight pin after placing them on the arrow and then they were fine.

im shooting the easton tracer nocks. i Like them and i have had good sucess with them turning on everytime in practice so hopefully it works when i shoot a deer. i sighted my arrows out to 40 without them on and when i put the tracer nocks on i never had to touch my pins, they shoot exactly the same as my regular nocks.

I have been impressed with the Tracers. I did have mine not fire up this year, but I wasn't "turning them off" by holding them over the magnet until they go to sleep. You then have to re-do that (hold them over the magnet) to wake them up again. Don't forget this as this will greatly extend their life (I hope).

i make my own. only problem i had with em was last week. i shot a doe and hit the shoulder blade, the whole thing came out. I never did find it, but ive had that happen with a plain nock too.