• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Singing in the rain!!!

bmc

My new stand is ridiculous!!! I sat in it last Tuesday morning and saw 9 deer. I missed a cow of a doe, passed on another doe, and passed on a suicidal spiker 4x. grin

I was out on the same stand, last night in the rain. Around 5:15 I passed up a doe and 2 fawns at about 15 yards. About 6:30 I can hear something behind me, to the north. I catch some movement, but can't tell what it is because of the thick under growth. At a quarter to 7, I look down and through the grate on my Lone Wolf tree stand and I see a head with a rack attached to it. SWEET!!!

This 8 point buck walks straight away from me and I only had one small opening to shoot through when he was about 10-12 yds out. I told myself to pass on the shot, especially with the all evening rain we had.

He stops at about 15 yds and is trying to decide if he should go left or right. If he goes right, he lives for another day. If he goes left he's in big trouble. Luck was on my side! He faked a right turn and then headed to the left, right into my shooting lane. When he turned to the left, I drew my bow. I grunted with my mouth to stop him and proceeded to "dot the i" as the pro's on the Outdoor Channel say. The Muzzy Broadhead blows through him and he's off like a rocket. He made it about 50 yards and was down for the count.

My dad and brother also passed on multiple deer last night.

My brother doesn't get to hunt much as he lives in the Cities. I begged him to sit my stand tonight, but he passed and sat in a ground blind on our food plot. He ended up passing on a yearling doe.

At least I was able to get him out duck hunting for his first time ever. He shot a hen woody and a drake mallard, so it was a successful weekend all around.

dsc01242jq.jpg

Brian