• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Not ready to give up on the Twins yet!

mr_jman

Who has better numbers? .273 for Cabrerra vs .284 for Rios

Here are the real numbers 28 for Rios and 35 for Cabrerra, that is their age! I am liking our guy for a long time over your one time shot that still will not result in getting to the playoffs!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Windy Windy Windy, sounding kinda of defensive. Guess I don't blame ya as your season is fading faster then your players. That is to bad your second choice isn't that good either, but hey your from Ill, what else should 1 expect. gringringringrin

Don't look now, but you could be double digit out by the end of the weekend.

Gary,

How is answering a question "sounding defensive"? It was asked who's numbers were better, Rios or Cabrerra and I stated two facts. Lifetime, Rios has a better batting average by about 10 points and he is 6 or 7 years younger than Cabrerra.

Better get those reading glasses checked, dude, I see no defensive statement in those answers!

I'm officially OFF the bandwagon... we finally get the starting pitching we need lately..... our middle relief doesn't screw it up and Nathan gives up 2 9th inning homers and we lose 4-2.... As they say.... "It's been real... it's been fun, but it hasn't been real fun!"

Well Geno,

Another season lost to the Pale Hose who also hold the series record as well.

Done in by a rookie pitcher with your huge salaried big stud pitcher and your huge salaried big stud left fielder!

Tsk Tsk Tsk

I will save you a seat on the Pale Hose bandwagon as it passes Twinkieville! Season ain't over yet boyz! Except for the Cubbies who once again live up to their name.....

C ompletely

U seless

B y

S eptember

Go Cubs Go, Go Cubs Go, hey Chicago whatta you say, the Cubbies gonna sux today!

Well at least you gotta admire Windy for being supportive....but failure to notice the signs means, like a good captain, he'll be goin' down with his ship.

And how about something new besides CompUselessBySept? Last time I heard that I fell off my dinosaur!

Sheesh. I don't even use "Wait till Next year" 'cause that's so old.

Keep bringing up Jake Peavey. When he schools the Twinks later this month and all next year we can all look back and thank Sled for keeping him top of mind. Glad to see your stud pitcher acquisition was able to help tonight, against the lowly Indians without their star outfielder!

Windy--- the biggest of all TWIns fans,, but they are done this year. Hardly any SP, bullpen is lacking and the hitting is going south faster than the Cubs postseason record. (NOT GOOD) Well, you get my drift.

Windy-- we need to come up with some more names for C-U-B-S, to please the CUbs fans that are so used to losing and using the same descriptation we all know well.

I like-- Choking-Under-Bartmans-Snag.

or Can't- Us- Be- Sane.-- as far as fans of the team,, if you wanna call it that. Anyone who calls themself a fan of the Cubs,, must look at the fact that most understand the defintion of the word "insanity"- as

Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. --- " Always next year" Cubs fans say. FOr you,, their is an opening for a lobotomy at the local mental ward.

I would request Dr. Joeseph Mengle.

I always liked you Mud! You seem to get it, they must not have been able to slip the drugs into your Twinkie that you ate! LOL

I don't think the Twinks or my beloved Pale Hose have enough this year to overtake the Kitties but I do think that we have enough to finish second and maybe make the Kitties work for it. We have 6 games left against them as do you so I would hope they have to step up and take the division rather than just coasting to the finish line only to get destroyed in the first round of the playoffs.

As for the Cubbies, it has been my pleasure to watch that bunch of incompetent idiots for the past 40 years of my 50 years here on this great planet. You don't know how, when or where they will screw the pooch but you can rest assured they will! It just gets funnier and funnier each year (remembering Bartman) to watch them come up with new ways to pi$$ themselves! Too funny.

I still will NOT count out the Twins. They still have great players, and the pitching CAN come around. Though at this point its going to be tough(and nearly impossible for the Sox). I will admit that if the Twins do not make it, I don't want to see the Tigers in there.....