• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I've had a number of .22 semi autos over the years. Currently I still have 3 Buckmarks (9" varmint, 5.5" Target and 5.5" camper.) All with C-Mores on them.

I've owned Colt's, S&W, Berettas and Rugers. And so far the best bang for fit, feel and maintenance has been my Bucks.

Glad you like your neos I still carry mine every where I go I like to set up clay targets up at 100 yards and break them not every shot but if I miss it isn't buy much. As far as having problems with it I have not had one yet not even a jam and I have about 3,000 rounds through it now.

My #3 son has the Buckmark and he's very happy with it. It has a better trigger pull than the others, acording to him. His older brother, the seargent, has a German one that he swears by. Mine is a Ruger Government Model Target, in stainless with a heavy target barrel. Its had bunches of boxes of ammo through it and no malfuntions. The only problem is offspring who forget who owns it and it disappears for months at a time.

I own a .22 S&W 22-A. Missfires almost every clip. It's like the pin doesn't hit the rim hard enough to fire, dents the rim but no fire. Anyone have this problem with the 22A and maybe a solution??

Signed,

Fed Up!

I agree with the ammo. I thought I found a bargain on some Aguila 22LR ammo at the big C store in Owatonna only to have many misfires per 50 round box. Come to find out, many of those rounds that didn't fire were either lacking powder or the charge.

I've been shooting Remington Yellow Jackets lately with good performance and very few misfires.

I have an older High Standard .22 pistol. High Standard's are a little pricier than the other guns mentioned, but very nice.

Another option would be to buy a conversion kit if you own a Glock 17. If you don't own a Glock buy a Glock 17 9mm then get the conversion kit to .22 and you have a super reliable home defense or carry gun and the ability to plink on the cheap.

As far as what you need to purchase a handgun, you will need to get a permit to purchase from your Sheriff's Office. If you want to carry you will have to get a Permit to Carry a Pistol. Permit to purchase is free, permit to carry is not.

Typical .22 pistol is around $250 - $350. Glock would be about $550 (unless you are law enforcement then about $425) then the conversion for about $250.

Glad you like your neos I still carry mine every where I go I like to set up clay targets up at 100 yards and break them not every shot but if I miss it isn't buy much. As far as having problems with it I have not had one yet not even a jam and I have about 3,000 rounds through it now.

Do you have a scope on it? And are you shooting off of a bench? The thing seems darn accurate, but I think I'd be hard-pressed to see clay targets at 100 yards!

I've got about 500 rounds through mine with no hiccups. Shot a bit with my bro-in-laws this weekend. One had a Ruger 22/45--I gotta say I like the Neos a lot better. The other bro-in-law was looking to pick up a S&W 22A, but is now getting a Neos!

Nope no scope and as far as a bench it was just across the hood of the truck so no real bench either, as far a seeing the clays it might just be young eyes and shooting open sight at long distances. I shoot my black powder out to 150 yards without a scope.

Nope no scope and as far as a bench it was just across the hood of the truck so no real bench either, as far a seeing the clays it might just be young eyes and shooting open sight at long distances. I shoot my black powder out to 150 yards without a scope.

Cool! I'll have to try a few long-distance shots at some point. My eyes are only 29 years old smile