• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jarrid, great report! Those are some dandy crappies! It looks like you and sherpa had a blast out there! I really wish I could have joined but I got stuck doing work at the office (nothing like a 59 hr week).

Did anybody else by chance get out on the ice this weekend? How did everybody do?

fished upper st croix saterday had a great day chasing flags with the kids and wife. then towards late afternoon got on some great crappie action. and even screamed at the so called solon springs police after he drove over one of our tip ups and ice scoop. Didnt really care for how fast people were driving bye dont they know the slower you drive on ice the better.

Arrows, sounds like you did much better than us, we had 2 pike all day, and no crappies at the sun down time....Overall it was a bust. There were so many people out there, and your right about the traffic, and the fast cars driving. ULSC has been terrible this year for me!

Sunday went to a spot on the river and got some nice gills (one went 10.25") and a few crappies. After that we went down to the cluster mess they call Mclures to count the houses/vehicles. Crazy busy. Had a guy tell me they have been catching and keeping 10 craps a day. I just rolled my eyes and left! Sunday before teh game drove out to Raiders favorite lake and tried for some crappies. Caught 3 small ones right away, then nothing. Yep too many tournies, and not enought stiffer regs on these lakes!

Does anybody have any big plans for this weekend? I am hoping this big cold front doesn't turn the fishing off [fingers crossed].... But I will be making it out on the St Louis River this Sunday morning if anybody wants to join. Jarrid and Sherpa, are you guys going to be out there at all?

Saturday we explored new lakes around the Barnes/Solon/Grdon area, and found some promising spots that are hush hush. The problem with Saturday is we did not catch a fish all day, started in the solon area on a small lake that had left over beer cans that me and my buddy picked up for who ever left them there (cmon people)...drilled 60 holes, and marked fish but could not get a bite. Wind was cold, and we only tried this spot for a little while..Then we went to Bearegard and again got skunked, but nice lake! anyone ever fish it? after that went to middle Eau Claire and got skunked again??? oh well it was fun!

Sunday was much better went out by myself to a lake off the map and found these tasty treats that I kept, because we are out of fish and the misses wanted some! NOTE: WE ONLY KEPT ENOUGH TO EAT!!!!!! Fn Sunday, and cant wait for next weekend!! full-17656-17533-nebaggiecraps.jpg

full-17656-17534-nabaggiecrapsii.jpg

I made it out on the St Louis river this past Sunday night for the evening bite. We decided to stray away from the crowds down in the harbor and try our luck much further up river. We ended up picking a spot up by the hwy 23 bridge and got our lines wet around 4 pm. This was my first time ice fishing this far up the St Louis river and it was a neat experience. The current is definitely much more noticable, at least in my opinion, than it is further down river. We posted up in about 12 feet and fished until 6:30 or so. I ended up catching 5 walleyes total and only one of them was big enough to earn "keeper" status. Marked lots of BIG marks on the humminbird but most would just come up and take a sniff and then shoot back down to the bottom. The lures that seemed to work the best were red lindy rattling flyer spoons and gold/pink glow stop signs (the LOTW special). I will hopefully be on the river again sometime this weekend. Hope to see you guys out there!

Nice fish Jarrid!!!! Gotta love the LOTW special!! wink Sorry I didn't give you a call back earlier. I am down in the cities for work this week and last week and I will be up in Hibbing next week for work. I wish I would have been able to get out with you as it looks like you killed em! I am going to be on the river all day Sunday if you, Sherpa or anyone else would like to meet up, drop me a PM or give me a call.

Its a maybe for Sunday. I have a group of 6-8 coming up in a couple weeks, so I was intending on doing some scouting of sorts....plus, I really dont like competing against the crowds out there. But maybe, Ill let you know for sure. Your welcome to come to inland sconnie and fish the weekend with me if you want though! you know how to get a hold of me

Been pretty quite around here? anyone catching fish in the area? I heard the winning fish on Nebaggie this weekend was a 11.5 pounder. I know of a guy that got a 15 pounder yesterday!! I have been out of town, but looking to get back on the backyard waters this week.,..

Super slow weekend of fishing for me. Hosted a crew, and found myself pretty disapointed with the results. The lakes were very wet heavy, and travel is not advised, unless you want to get stuck.....Highlight of the weekend. Catching a nice walleye in 50 FOW......Here is the pick full-17656-18347-lateiceeye.jpg

By teh dark color, looks like he/she may have spent a lot of time in deep water!