• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

modern warfare 2

bgreen82

i play search once in a while but not a big fan. just havent got the hang of it yet. all i play now is hardcore. tried playin normal TDM and wow does it a lot of shots to put a guy down. tdm just doesn't appeal to me anymore. plus in hardcore no killcam which is a big upside.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C4 in SnD can be used several ways. First, the most common, being plant it by a bomb site then guard the other if they plant at the one not guarded detonate immediatly and many time the planter gets killed. Also if someone on your team plants a bomb drop a c4 close to the bomb most guys check for obvious claymores but not C4 which can blend in much better. Also you dont even have to be in view of the bomb site to defend. If you're close enough and listen for the enemy picking up the bomb on the defuse then hit the C4. That is the most common way but not generally how I use it with the riot shield.

I use the C4 in several ways one being as a trap. Throw it out so its hidden behind a doorway or long corridor when people see a riot shield backing away and they follow me they walk right into my trap, then BOOM. Resupply my C4 with the blue bag and repeat. Incase you didnt know you can detonate deployed C4 at anytime by double tapping square no need to hit R2. This is huge with the riot shield since you can detonate it without exposing yourself.

Usually I prefer to hold onto the C4 until I have a high probability to get a kill. Usually Ill wait until I have one or two enemies closing in for a kill, toss a stun, once they are stunned toss a C4, kill, resupply, repeat.

Ive had many games where Ive taken out 3, 4, even 5 while being the only surviving member of my team. The time I got 5 I actually almost took out all 6 on my own.

The setup I use is...

Riot

Akimbo Glocks

C4

Stun grenades (a must, since they throw quick, slow the enemy and low probability of stunning yourself)

scavenger pro

danger close pro

ninja pro

The only weakness a good riot shielder has is those noobtubes and RPGs...

Turnup are you PS3 or Xbox?

Quote:
The only weakness a good riot shielder has is those noobtubes and RPGs...

If you wear the face blast shield and use the riot shield, noobtubes & RPG's effectiveness drops greatly. Semtex stuck to the to the riot shield (even using blast shield) is a guaranteed death/kill. wink

Quote:
Also you dont even have to be in view of the bomb site to defend. If you're close enough and listen for the enemy picking up the bomb on the defuse then hit the C4.

Quote:
Resupply my C4 with the blue bag and repeat. Incase you didnt know you can detonate deployed C4 at anytime by double tapping square no need to hit R2.

There must be some minor differences between Xbox and PS3 with the multi-player portion.

I played last night and if I am not in plain site of postion A or B, I have no way of knowing an enemy is detonating or defusing until after he is done. I did how ever bust out the riot shield and C4. I have never used the riot shield for any period of time, but I have used the C4 before I prestiged. Two tough cookies to crack. I am sure the riot shield takes some game play to master. My son uses it with the blast shield and can pretty much kill anything as long as his back is not exposed. When sitting and waiting in Bailout by position B in the corner next to the bomb I could hear enemy coming, but would have never heard anything from a distance until the countdown began. For us on Xbox it is not like Domination when playing S&D. Domination C4 is great if you are playing against other people who do not know to look for the blinking little red light. grin

You have to choose your battles and pick the right moments with the shield. I dont usually attack with a riot shield unless I have the upper hand such as a confined space, corner, I take them by surprise or I have stunned them. Jumping worked on that guy, which is good, find your enemies weakness but I wouldnt call it foolproof against riot shields in general.

shackbash, I would like to thank you for playing search and destroy last night when I jumped on. If I wouldn't have joined your session, I never would have realized how much I like S&D matches laugh. I don't think I have played S&D since CoD2.

It is a heck of a lot slower-paced than I'm used to, but I am finding that I die a lot less because of it too.

I just commented in the other thread about seeing you on last night. grin

Ya S&D (right now) IMO is the best way to play. I try & play Domination & TD and just get sick of killing the same person over and over. Or being killed by the same noobtuber over and over. People still use the noobtube in S&D but just at first. You rarely see anyone use it during the match. It give off your location. grin Being in third party mode you learn many things about the old and the new board you never even knew you could do.

Larry was on the other team for a couple matches, and much to my surprise I kind of enjoyed killing him with the akimbo G-18's twice in about 3 seconds, it would have been 3 times, I seen him round the corner again but I got it in the back by some d-bag!!

We need to get on one of these nights and just play a few rounds of free for all!!! See who the reigning KING of MW2 is... but we can't let CaptainFireman play... grin

Maybe we can add it to our signature until the title gets taken away!!!

PS3'ers, is there a double points thing going on right now to coincide with the maps release? Seems like I was getting 300pts for capturing flags in Domination (which it probably should be normally anyway).

Yeah, its double XP now probably through sunday night/monday I would imagine.

Any PS3 guys notice an above average amount of dropped games/failed host migrations lately? It seems like one in three or four games gets lost. Im not sure if people dont know the new maps causing them to do poorly and drop out ruining it for everyone. Yesterday I was on track to have my best game, I was 47-12 half way through the match, just called in my second harrier and of course, game drops...

I like all the new maps except salvage. Its a small map so you would expect lots of run and gun, smg matches but it seems that the majority of people just end up camping in all the little nooks and corners.

Thanks.

I haven't noticed anything out of the unusual, other than two really laggy games today. I haven't purchased the maps yet, not sure I will.

what?!?! NOT buying the maps is like Quagmire rejecting a menage a trois! Giggidy! New maps are super cool. i'm on 360 so i've had a month to fool around with the maps. at first its funny, cuz everyone hasnt got used to the maps yet, so equip Sleight of Hand and Lightweight Pro and beat em to the draw every time on STORM and BAILOUT. Be sure to equip Nuke. laugh

Yep MW2 is coming to an end for me. Had not played much if at all during last weekend, but did play on Monday night. Something happened on Tues... My kids said MW2 MP live had a very weird lag/delay/overcompensation to game play. Sure enough it was with my account also. Reset everything. Tv, Xbox, router and nothing changed. Tried other on-line multi-player games like Left for Dead 2 and some others. They worked the same. Regular campaign, special ops, and even split screen on-line MW2 works great. All game settings are identical to how I/we have been playing for the last couple months. Checked the DVD and it has not issue with it. My kids said it is getting better everyday, but it has been enough were I have not played and my kids just play to check and see if it got better.

Yep MW2 is coming to an end for me.

Say it isn't so! I've found myself to be taking more breaks from the game since it first came out. There were times where I wouldn't even power the xbox on for a month. Seems like it goes in cycles for me, but kind of keeps the game refreshing (especially when you jump back in and find out a map pack has been released).

Not sure what's going on with your latency, I was on last night and didn't notice anything unusual. Have you bounced your router yet? I find mine can choke up at times and needs a good kick in the pants to come back to life.

I think something happened to our main controlled personally. I also thought I might have got hacked from a series of games I played last week with an opposing team that had swear words in the screen names and color (bright) buttons on either side. They threatened to hack all the opposing teams accounts because we kicked their buts a couple games in a row. Basically the opposing team mu have been in a party because our team got grouped back up every time (not in a party). This was Hardcore S&D. I took it as joking like when I say "report them all" when going back to the game lobby after a match is done. grin

It's definitely lost its luster. I'll wait until Nov. to get the next one and I'll be playing like a mad man again.

It's been like that for me since the Original XBox came out.

November through March, I'm hunkered down in the man cave. Then the river opens up wink

I got the new maps last night (PS3) and love them. I HATE the fact they go through the rotation.

With work being 7 days / week now 12-15 hour days, I don't get much time to play anymore. I played until 12:30 last night, but then the alarm goes off at 5:30 and it's getting harder and harder each year to crawl out of bed.

what?!?! NOT buying the maps is like Quagmire rejecting a menage a trois! Giggidy! New maps are super cool. i'm on 360 so i've had a month to fool around with the maps. at first its funny, cuz everyone hasnt got used to the maps yet, so equip Sleight of Hand and Lightweight Pro and beat em to the draw every time on STORM and BAILOUT. Be sure to equip Nuke. laugh

I hear ya, just like 3 Swedish stewardess.........:) Giggidy, giggidy!!

I hate to say "Me too" I got on last night and played one round of GW... went 2 and 4?!?!?!? with my G18s akimbo and extended mags on Crash... the game seemed to be moving way fast...

but after the 1 game I switched it off and moved onto something else.

I can see trying it off and on over the summer time permitting...

I'm ready for a new game though.