• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

UFC 100 Lesnar VS Mir

jltimm

i'm a fedor fan but who has fedor fought koonie thats above average since 2006??...his last real competition was cro cop in 2005

And that's if you call Cro Cop competition? From what I seen of him in his short debut in the UFC Cro Cop sucks!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that's if you call Cro Cop competition? From what I seen of him in his short debut in the UFC Cro Cop sucks!

cro cop was competition back when he was in pride...but not now...

Ummm. Where did I say Fedor has been fighting top notch competition? Maybe I did earlier but I don't think so.

The fact is there is VERY, VERY little talent in the heavyweight division. A case could be made for Carwin(sp?) maybe. Other than that most of the guys we hear about have glaring weaknesses. Fedor and Lesnar are really the only two top level guys. Lesnar has the bulk and strength to overpower anybody. In most cases he has a pretty big weight advantage as well. You only see that in the heavyweight division. Fedor is a way better fighter all around. Lesnar is a better wrestler and his only other advantage is his size. I just believe Fedor is the only one who can beat Lesnar despite these disadvantages.

The worst part is I don't think they will ever wind up fighting. Fedor isn't getting any younger and if this fight takes much longer before it happens it's not going to be prime Fedor against Lesnar.

Fedor is obviously more talented in MMA than Lesnar, there's no denying that. There is not to much competition in the HW division either. That being said, Fedor and Lesnar will be at the top of the heap in their organizations for quite some time. To bad Fedor's camp seems to be a bunch of idiots as they won't let Fedor fight Lesnar or join the UFC.

Fedor isn't getting any younger...

He isn't that old. He will be 33 in September. Lesnar is 32.

Dana White tried really hard to get Fedor into the UFC to fight Lesnar. Dana came right out and said that he probably won't be offered a deal like that anywhere else, anytime again. It must have been big. So the money wasn't the issue...

... It really seems like he doesn't want to fight Lesnar.

The more I watch Fedor videos the more unimpressed I am with #1 his physical appearence. I realize how you look doesn't necessarily matter in the end but he almost looks small, legs are skinny and upper body is very unimpressive. Basically looks like a guy off the street. #2 his competition. The opponents this guy has fought are nothing more than a joke. I would take his 32-0 record as a grain of salt, doesn't mean anything to me. If Brock got on top of this guy which he would in the first round it would be the same story all over again!! I seriously believe Fedor is afraid of him.

I don't know? I seen him in a few fights and he looks pretty good to me? Seen him bloodied up and didn't seem to faze him much? Seems to be able to take a good shot, has some ground game and if he hurts someone, he seem to know how to cancel their ticket! I seen him lay hands on Tim Sylvia and he put together some nice looking combinations....sent Tim into the night!

Some of those guys that can really fight, aren't always the chiesled types. Even BJ Penn isn't very muscled up and he can sure git er done.

In the first fight, Mir showed that Lesnar can be beaten..... He's come a long way since that fight, but it just goes to show that just about anyone of those fighters can lose on a given night.

I don't want to see the home boy lose, I like the "Vanilla Gorrilla" even if he comes off as being a little rough around the edges...it's a tough demanding sport. Before I forget...

THERES SOME LIVE WEC ON VERSES TONIGHT.

The more I watch Fedor videos the more unimpressed I am with #1 his physical appearence. I realize how you look doesn't necessarily matter in the end but he almost looks small, legs are skinny and upper body is very unimpressive. Basically looks like a guy off the street. #2 his competition. The opponents this guy has fought are nothing more than a joke. I would take his 32-0 record as a grain of salt, doesn't mean anything to me. If Brock got on top of this guy which he would in the first round it would be the same story all over again!! I seriously believe Fedor is afraid of him.

Who exactly has lesnar fought? A couple of nobodies, one of which he lost to, and a past his prime couture. Fedor has fought much better competition. If you don't know that then you have exactly ZERO mma knowledge. Granted his last half dozen fights haven't been against the greatest fighters in the world but what is he supposed to do? Not fight because there aren't any great heavyweights out there. He has destroyed everyone he has faced. Arlovski and Sylvia at least are better competition than what Lesnar has faced.

Who the hell cares what Fedor looks like physically! The man is a bad mofo even if he looks like an accountant. Physically Lesnar looks like a steroid freak.

You are clueless when it comes to Fedor and it clearly shows.

Arlovski and Sylvia at least are better competition than what Lesnar has faced.

Sylvia and Arlovski both have glass jaws, and never were really that good to begin with. Heck, the man you think isn't so good "Randy Couture" beat Sylvia! Arlovski's last win was against "Big Country", and he had a hard time in that fight against the big beer belly. In the other organization Fedor will have no one worthy of fighting!

I'm going fishing first. My bud got some crappies this morning and we are going to go back and try to get a few more. I should be home in plenty of time to see the fights. I think Bowles is in for a beat down tonight.

Arlovski and Sylvia at least are better competition than what Lesnar has faced.

Sylvia and Arlovski both have glass jaws, and never were really that good to begin with. Heck, the man you think isn't so good "Randy Couture" beat Sylvia! Arlovski's last win was against "Big Country", and he had a hard time in that fight against the big beer belly. In the other organization Fedor will have no one worthy of fighting!

There is only one fight in the heavyweight division. We both know it. No disagreement there.

Neither has faced the greatest competition. Couture beats most of his opponents by having a superior gameplan and imposing it on them whether they like it or not. Even so Fedor has faced much better competition.

You are clueless when it come to anything. One minute you are bashing me because Fedor has had much better competition and the next minute you agree that Fedor has had week competition?? Get over your man crush on Fedor, the fact is he doesn't want to fight Brock because he knows he would get crushed. Also in my post I said physical appearance DOESN'T MATTER in the end. However, if I see two guys about to fight in a back alley somewhere and one looks like an accountant and the other a guy juiced up on roids guess who I'm putting my money on. Carry on laugh

Man, I was wrong again! I thought Bowles was cannon fodder, but it was the other way around. Bowles dropped the hammer on Torres! He stunned him a couple of times, but Torres stormed back and was in the process of rearranging Bowles face, when Bowles dropped the anvil from the second story!

First punch put Torres down and the ensuing barrage sent him to another place! I mean, after Torres was down, Bowles landed two wicked shots and Torres neck stretched out like a turtles! Man, he was out cold!

In the Benevedes (Sp) fight, he finally ran into someone that could keep up with his pace. Someone that also had the tools to put some hurt on him. Good fight.

You are clueless when it come to anything. One minute you are bashing me because Fedor has had much better competition and the next minute you agree that Fedor has had week competition?? Get over your man crush on Fedor, the fact is he doesn't want to fight Brock because he knows he would get crushed. Also in my post I said physical appearance DOESN'T MATTER in the end. However, if I see two guys about to fight in a back alley somewhere and one looks like an accountant and the other a guy juiced up on roids guess who I'm putting my money on. Carry on laugh

I said that Fedor has fought better competition overall Einstein! Good God open your eyes. You aren't worth engaging in any discussion dealing with mma because of your ignorance. I'm done here. Have a nice day.

"The worst part is I don't think they will ever wind up fighting. Fedor isn't getting any younger and if this fight takes much longer before it happens it's not going to be prime Fedor against Lesnar."

This quote from you shows your ignorance and lack of knowledge know it all. They are the same age........apparently you just like to sit at the computer and argue with people about topics you know absolutely nothing about.

koonie doesn't know much about MMA, does he.

laughlaughlaugh One of many good points on this thread!! laughlaughlaugh They might want to check the water in Clara City!! crazy

hey you guys need to pass what your smokin....lesnar would get throttled by fedor....lesnars skills are not even in the same league....if fedor didn't knock him out standing he'd definetly tap him out.

i personally think nogueira would beat lesnar...i'd like to see him fight gonzaga...carwin...there's plenty of good fights out there for him.....i could see lesnar getting knocked out if a fight was to stay standing...his standup is pretty weak right now....i could also see him getting submitted by someone with world class submission skills...he leaves a limb out there for 1 second against the wrong person and its over.

but just his raw skill and size could be to much for most people...i think he could be one of the best fighters in the world with more fights and training...he needs to learn submissions and practice his standup though....even his ground n pound isn't all that even though it was much improved against mir.

it sucks we aren't gonna see the lesnar vs fedor fight atleast for awhile....i think white is full of it by the amount of money he says he was offering....fedors camp says it was nowhere near what he posts on the internet.

koonie your right, fedor has fought overall better opposition in his career...

the thing i see...is that brock is no doubt a beast of a wrestler & gifted athlete all the way around...i've watched his training & practice vids he has on his site...showing his game plan against mir, his bjj training etc...he might be new to the game...but hes a gifted athlete & has an excellent training staff behind him...

he can absorb what hes taught with ease & can follow the game/fight plan...

in a fedor vs brock match...i just don't know who would take it...fedor has the experience behind him in all...but its a fight & with the right game plan...brock could very well take it...theres no guarantees i see in the match up...if you watch brocks preparation vids for mir...he followed the game plan to a T...i could see the same happening to fedor using the same plan...

fedor imo isn't going to stop a brock take down...and if brock got him on the ground & followed the same mir plan...well you could see a shocker ending no one thought possible...

bottom line...brock isn't a one trick pony if you analyze everything...like him or not...hes a very athletically gifted freak of nature...and is progressing by leaps & bounds...anything could happen in this "hopefully" future match up...

i personally think nogueira would beat lesnar...

Somebody must have passed what they were smokin' to you. laughgrin

Nogueira was KO'd buy Mir in the 2nd round. We'll see how he does against Couture.

We can say whatever we want about it, but Lesnar vs. Fedor is all speculation until they actually lock horns...