• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Will you be ready

With the deer season not that far off, now is a great time to get yourself and your bow in good shooting form.

Its great to have the confidence needed so when the bruiser of your life walks by, you will have the shooting skills to make a clean kill.

Finally got my new bow, my old bow to the oldest, a new bow for the middle one, and the middle ones old one set up for the youngest(6yrs). Let me tell ya, the blackbirds and sparrows are very nervous around our farmstead! Nothin like puttin the "thwack" on a blackbird at 30 to raise the confidence level. Gotta love them "judo" tips.

Ya hit a rabbit at 30 the other day. Went through the neck and out the side. When I went to go get it, it took off with my arrow which was covered in blood all the way up the the fletching. I must have missed all of the organs. Caught it and and my arrow eventually. Just hope that doesnt happen with a deer...ha

I've been out doing some scouting and setting up cameras. Got the bow out and shot maybe 50 arrows so far this year. My form is coming back to me. It always amazes me on how far off target I am after 6 months of not shooting. I do enjoy to practice. I tend to get more into it towards the end of June and into July. I've set up a couple of mineral sites that aren't getting hit to hard right now. They did better in April when I first put them out. I should refresh them a bit I guess.

Good post Harvey Lee! Seems most first time so called "bow hunters" purchase a new, or worse yet get a used bow not fit for them a week before the season starts, and think they are ready to go!

I've seen it personally with my friends as he gave his old bow to his son that no way fit him and couldn't hit a paper plate at 10 yards. I told him to get a new bow as you can get a decent bow that would fit him for $400.00 or less if he looked around.

I shoot once in a while to keep the rust off when I go to the cabin after fishing in the morning. I really start getting to fling the arrows in July and continue until the season is over!

Plus if you shoot now, you'll have the equipment and your body in prime shape when the season starts!

I agree, now is the time to start shooting to get ready for the season, not days before!