Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hanson

Any FMers fishing FLW?

37 posts in this topic

Any of you FM walleye guys fishing the FLW Walleye Tour this year, either as a pro or co?

I'm fishing the red Wing league one and maybe the Bemidiji One too.

Since I'm asking, I suppose I should reply as well.

I'm fishing as a Co-Angler at Red Wing, Leech Lake, and Lake Winnebago for the Tour this year.

I am fishing as a co in the Red Wing Tour event and also as a co in the MN FLW League, Red Wing, Leech and Bemidji.

I was signed up for Port Clinton as an AM, they didn't get a full field, something like 124 out of 150 boats, I was number 134 on the list.

Entry was $400 plus your FLW registration fee of $30.

Cheffrey Ill take ya fishing for 3 days for $430. grin You will save a ton and gas and hotel.

Cheffrey, gotta sign up a "bit" earlier man.

I would have done anything possible to make it out to Port Clinton but money and available vacation time became a big issue this year. Something about the economy.

Someone asked earlier about the investment. Lets just say I'm heavily invested between using all my vacation time at work, entry fees, gas money, lodging, travel, etc. I really see no way I can come out ahead on the deal but thats not why I'm doing it.

Investment? Well so far I've got eleven vacation days and reservations for 6 nights in hotels, plus entry fees. I'm driving to the Red Wing events. I figure what I get out of it will be worth the investment, and like Hanson said, it's not about the money.

Think of what a guy can learn fishing for three days on a body of water with a group of highly skilled professionals. It could take years to learn what you can pick up in a few days if you went out on your own, figure out what that would cost and going this route might come out to be the better bargin.

I would have done anything possible to make it out to Port Clinton but money and available vacation time became a big issue this year. Something about the economy.

Someone asked earlier about the investment. Lets just say I'm heavily invested between using all my vacation time at work, entry fees, gas money, lodging, travel, etc. I really see no way I can come out ahead on the deal but thats not why I'm doing it.

Lets hope you learn something.

Your telling me, I signed up a month prior after I got the OK from the smarter half as a Bday present. Thats alright though, I used the money I didn't spend to buy a new Turkey Gun. It obviously shoots well! smirk

I would not be interested in fishing as a co. When I make the plunge (so to speak) it will be for the money. I figure a couple of more times out with Northlander and I'll be ready for the show. smile

I fished last year as a boater in Redwing. It was fun and would love to do it again this year but I fear I won't have to the time so I opted not to do it this year. Maybe next year if they come back.

mw

another option for anyone is the new AIM series of walleye tournaments. $250 for entry fee as a co-angler. Search the name and learn more about it. 4 events for this season, Saginaw Bay.. Green Bay.. Missouri River.. Winnibigoshish

Should be a good tourney with their CRR (catch record release) format.

When is someone going to come up North and run a tourney?

Hey Northlander, been a while. Not much posting out of me lately.

And to answer your question, they already know us northern guys are better fisherman and they don't want come up here and embarass themselves. grin

FLW will be at Leech this year for both a Tour and League event, is that north enough? They will also be at Bemidji for the League. It's a great way to find out how a guy stacks up against the pros.

Thats not North. Im talking St. Louis River/lake Superior or farther north. wink

The Tour was at Cass Lake last year, that's latitudinally "north" of Duluth.

I gotta believe if your looking for a national tour to go there you will be outa luck.

Steve

A lot has to do with having a host community and some dollars put up for the event...