• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

DW Rant

s2h

Yep! I was going to mention the same thing. "What is the incentive?" was the question he presented.

There was some other pre-race chatter by the FOX talking heads about competition and I think they know that the sport is lacking the spark it used to have and the popularity is starting to fizzle unless something is done. Exactly what we've been saying here the past couple of months. Booooooring.

ya you really need to be a fan to watch thses races from start to end even the short tracks were ho hum

polictally correct has ruined alot of things not only racin

but know if you see it happenin one will woder if they are try to make it like wrestling lol

Yeah, I mean come on, even Tony Stewart is calm this year..... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

DW was talking? Oh yeah, he's the reason I have the TV on mute when I watch a race. He might have been a good driver, but I can't stand listening to him. He can join in any intelligent conversation and cause it to lose 100 IQ points. He makes me feel dumber just watching the race! I can't wait untill ESPN gets the races and won't have him on.

By the way, I do like Larry Mac and Mike Joy, they do a very good job.

I happen to like DW and some of his comments. I would much rather listen to this crew than the guys who broadcast the final third of the season. At least the guys on Fox have experience in the sport, and know what they are talking about.

i guess its better than him bragging about kyle busch.ohh by the way did you guys see kyles mix up that messed up his day??? that was very funny.

almost as funny as the missing the pit miscues that happen every weekend to this one driver, cant remember his name....

The funny thing about his "rant" is it is all true.

Nascar for sometime has missed the bumping and banging. There was a long time when people would go to some race's just to see the big one,the way they have it now with the cot (pos) there is no one willing to take the chance of beating the car up because of fact it will ruin your chance at finishing.

We all talked about the different fines that where handed out a couple of years ago with some of the crew chiefs trying to get around the rules,I can't remeber a car even failing pre or post race inspections the last two years, it is a joke that they want them all to run the same.

Big brother is watching and has a heavy hand the problem is the heavy hand is pushing alot of the fans out the door.

Sifty

Big brother is watching and has a heavy hand the problem is the heavy hand is pushing alot of the fans out the door.

Sifty

So is big sponsor. Do you want to sign on for a season of sponsorship and your driver gets parked for a week? The "passion" left when the sponsors started calling pretty much all of the shots.

Just one mans opinion.

DD

I've been watchin since the mid 80s when espn starting televising it evey week and nascar started to grow and grow fast

it was RACIN money wasnt such a factor I remember DW callin goeff bodine a little turd 2 weeks later mikey reached and punched lake speed i could go on and on rusty and dale fighten no fines or lose of points back then probably just boosted the rating lol

i think about the time the ole man got killed nascar was peaking

stayed there for a bit but has equalized and ole guys like me will keep watchin cuz thats what we do watch and b----h a bit as does everyone from what i hear and read lol

just dont have the charchacters anymore

harvick kinda mellowed after being threathen in the big truck bush probably leaves so quick cuz he doesnt want to get fined or lose points they say nothing stays the same

but i think alittle of back in the day would be good here

NASCAR started going down hill once they started limiting rear-end gear ratios and everything else. The new car is a tank and can take a beating so thing are out of the driver and crews hands now. Every time things get strung out they call a "debris caution" for a piece of tape on the track instead of letting the race play out.

It used to be fun watching the teams push the limits of their engines and cars. It was fun to see some team trying a new engine/gear combo that turned 10,000RPM only to have it blow up. Now it is like IROC used to be. They are given the same car and drivetrain and the engineering and creativity have been taken away.

almost as funny as the missing the pit miscues that happen every weekend to this one driver, cant remember his name....

That was my most memorable part of that race: The Pit Crew sitting on the wall as (this guy you're referring to) drives by. The front tire guy holds up the lug nut like, "Hey, don't you want this?" laughlaugh