• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sound Trigger Part Two-blowing things up!

Lots of fun today with the trigger box. If you want more info on the sound trigger go to the first thread I posted Sound Trigger Photography

Here are todays results.

#1 Popping the balloon!

496861225_2pvye-L.jpg

#2 Lighted 40W bulb.

496877418_bvPmo-L.jpg

#3 The last two I gelled both the flash and AB800 for the background with a full CTO.

496878038_mrRuh-L.jpg

#4 A lot going on here!

496878662_qpcaC-L.jpg

#5 This was a shot with a pellet gun. You can see the pellet just before impact and the shock wave against the ballon.

496879529_hgXQb-L.jpg

#6 Flour inside a balloon makes for a mess!

496880604_nQSpR-L.jpg

#7 The strawberry again.

496881261_VaxvC-L.jpg

#8 And last but not least, have a Coke and a smile!

496882459_yZBhS-L.jpg

Wow, thanks everyone for the comments!

Mike- I have a lot more experimentation to do! I am not all that happy with the photographic quality of these so will work on different backgrounds, colors and the quality of the lighting. These were to get timing issues down. You don't want to break bulbs or shoot cans of pop without knowing it will actually work! You only get one chance to get it right.

Ken- eggs was on my list and I forgot! More to come. Jello, a heated marshmallow, all crossed my mind and might make it in front of the camera. How about an egg in a mousetrap!

Steve - I am the cleaning staff of one! I am doing these in my completely finished and heated garage so cleanup is not too bad. I would be sleeping out there if I attempted to shoot a pellet gun in the house while blowing things up!

Really this whole experiment is just plain fun to do and it has the side benefit of excessing my brain a bit. It is teaching me a bit more about lighting and how the get the most out of some of the capabilities of my camera. For instance I hooked my computer to my laptop and actually used the live view function which I had never tried! I have thought about using that feature for some portrait work so this has been a good introduction to how it all worked!

Using different triggers and cables I had not used and just getting my head around how to make all this stuff work....ah heck its just fun blowing things up!!!

when in a lightbulb the filament is an a vacum. when the glass breaks the vacum breaks and the air will put the light out, but it stays lite for a split seconde until the air gets to it. something like that. i saw it on time warp on the discovery channel.

very cool pics

You guys are making it a bit too complex! Dark room, light bulb is turned on, camera is tripped for a 1 sec exposure, fire the gun to break the bulb and fire flashes. What ever bulb image you see is the exposure just before it is broken, its etched into that shot. grin

That is one reason I built a beam breaker box, put the laser beam at the front edge of the light bulb and fire the shot, when the bulb breaks it will break the beam and fire the camera and flash. No etched picture of the light bulb. The real trouble will be the shutter delay. Working on that solution.

And TS128 I will be breaking the glass from a light bulb but not breaking the filiments. Then turn on the switch and photograph it burning up in a second or two.