• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spring Ramblings and Reports

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tank and I hit some creeks this morning and did ok.

Started at our finger lakes trib spot looking for some lake run rainbows. Nothing to exciting for me - a few small ones and I lost one around a foot. Tank tangled with 3 fish in the 20 inch range and they all won. One just came off, one took off down stream then headed up and got his line around a rock, and another took him around a submerged log. He did end up landing a fresh 15 inch bow...

From there we made a stop at a favorite creek of ours and caught about 8-9 browns. Nothing big but 5 of em will make a nice meal...

Sorry lads, no camera today...

Couldnt agree more DC...you know the money from the sportsman will go into general state red line pot. Next year we will see a incerease in licence sales across the board and i wouldnt be suprised to see specialized stamps for trout, stealhead, salmon....i just hope they are all under the same stamp.

Hey DC, How much would a fly fishing lesson cost an old Jarhead like myself cost? I really would like to learn and I tired of waiting for one of my Marines to teach the class. I got the equipment, well most it think, (rod, reel, and desire!)

Let me know if your interested. Thanks!

Steve

Cost??? Alot!!! - oh, I dont know... a few beverages and a good steak sound about right. cool If you can make it up to Hanc ock on the Delly, I got lodging taken care of. Not the best place to pound numbers of fish, each one is earned. But nice wide open casting. Plus our camp is a pretty nice place to spend some time. Hatches are fairly consistant during may and early june. Lets make this happen...

Cost??? Alot!!! - oh, I dont know... a few beverages and a good steak sound about right. cool If you can make it up to Hanc ock on the Delly, I got lodging taken care of. Not the best place to pound numbers of fish, each one is earned. But nice wide open casting. Plus our camp is a pretty nice place to spend some time. Hatches are fairly consistant during may and early june. Lets make this happen...

Steaks and Barley pop's will be covered!! I'll ask Timmy for your number or email me it. Thanks Jay, much appreciated!

I just took a ride down by the lake to see how much water is dumping into it.WOW all the rain and what is left for snow up north there is whole trees and allot of rift raff coming down.I wouldn't be supprised if they have some flooding some where the lake is filling up fast this could interfear with the spawn that would stink crazy.

Todd - It could also be a good thing. Maybe delay the spawn a bit and have more fish shallow come opener...

Steve - Maybe we can get a few others involved? I know AW is interested in some flyfishing. He has a theory that his better half will find him sexy again if he does something "cool" like that... whistle

I was looking at one of the local papers yesterday and on the front cover was the one and only:

ThunderDung cruising up the Barge Canal on his way out to the Lake. Our boy is a Celebrity shocked

Hey Thunder...I have a rod you can cast cry

I refuse to pick up a fly rod...that ranks right up there with Watching Paint Dry and Watching NASCAR whistle

Originally Posted By: augustwest

I refuse to pick up a fly rod...that ranks right up there with Watching Paint Dry and Watching NASCAR whistle

Yeah, but it still ranks higher than fishing for bass... whistle

WHY does Green Carp always have to be brought up?? YUK!!!!!

Had a quick visit with Dad and Billy off to the hatchery we went. That was the first time I got to see the walleye egg stripping/milting process and I'm pretty impressed the way they work together, tough job. The staff on hand was excellent in Constantia. Amanda asked questions and they answered them, wish the weather was bit better to cruise the creek but maybe another day... Got to see BHammer and when I left Tank and Hammer were still chatting.

On a cool note... Rosa got a call today and Amanda's bowling team qualified for States in Syracuse. Got a pa nice pacque for doing well too. Stopped off to see North Shore and Tuzzy on the way back home.

Why would anyone want to fish for bass? blush

I'm getting there.... Just when I feel like I'm 100% and try to start doing stuff I get really tired and have to rest (sleep). I really haven't been eating much so that's got my energy really low. I'm at about 60% and hope to start eating more solid food sometime this week. I went from 189lbs to 178lbs. I'm just taking the food real slow and work my way up to more solid stuff, I don't want to over do it and have to go back in the hospital.