• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HK Lights

KG243

Question

19 answers to this question

Holy cow....Are you lighting a barn? cool

I have one and it's more than enough in my 2-man.

To answer your question yes I have a set twist tied to my center pole. I put a larger gauge wire on in place of the old flimsy one and just loop it around the poles and out of the way when in use.

i went to the local hardware store and got some clear tubing and put the LED strips into the tubes essentionally creating a high power "rope light". then i just use little velcro strips, used to organize A/V cables, to the poles in the shack. That way the leds are a little more protected.

I can't imagine having 5 strands running. You'd probably be able to get a tan if you took your shirt off. I just rigged 2 strands into my otter this weekend. I put them both on individual switches because I can't imagine needing both of them running at the same time very often. They seemed fairly hardy to me. I just zip-tied both strands to my overhead bar. I guess time will tell how they hold up.

KSW I will let you know if we dont use all of them. Just to answer everyone else I eathier go big or go home! I just didnt want too under light the shack for my dad, he is gettinf older and doesnt have the best sight, who knows this will probably blind the poor guy! It took exactlly three weeks from the day I ordered them. Sounds like I will need my shades out in the house huh JimBuck!

I just ordered 2 strands for my trap Yukon. Went with the regular white. I'd rather have it a little brighter then wish I had more light. I know a few people say 1 strand is more then enough. If I'm blinded by 2 I have a few people who would buy them from me.

You’re like me; I would rather have too much than too little. Just let me know, I will keep an eye on the post.

My dad will be putting them in tomorow. I will let you know what ends up happening. I think we will use them all though and just run them on diffent batteries, we have a free supplier of good vex type batteries!

I tell ya what. I've now heard from several guys (not hearsay, but straight from the source) that they received these lights either completely broken, or a portion of the lights don't work.

I guess these things happen that understandable, especially since they are built and shipped overseas, however the big problem is getting any kind of response from the seller, and if you do, it takes SEVERAL weeks to take care of the problem.

Buyer Beware

I tell ya what. I've now heard from several guys (not hearsay, but straight from the source) that they received these lights either completely broken, or a portion of the lights don't work.

I guess these things happen that understandable, especially since they are built and shipped overseas, however the big problem is getting any kind of response from the seller, and if you do, it takes SEVERAL weeks to take care of the problem.

Buyer Beware

I am one of them people that has received bad ones from them. The customer service is horrible! Buyer Beware !!

I have orderd 6 lights from him, 2 of them came out of the package not working, and another string has 6 lights out in the middle. I have spent almost $150 for these 6 lights with shipping, and half work. He wont return your emails when you tell him you have problems. When you get a good set they work great, but for me 3 lights out of 6 for $150, not worth it!

But the worst part, is the lack of a reply when I email him to tell him about my lights. Although I noticed if you email him to order a new light, he will email you back the next day mad