Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
walleye4_life

The best glow jig charger

51 posts in this topic

Any body have any prefrences on chargers for glow jigs? I am looking for one to mount on a flasher. Any ideas?

I am going to use my petzel LED headlamp this year....much easier to work then the push button ones, although I will probably have a couple of them as well

surefire 6p spendy light but I use it for other things also werx greaaaat

I've got a project and will be rigging some car fog/driving lamps, facing each other. place lure between them, flip a switch, BLIND!!!!

LOL's, still a project at the moment.

I wear a headlamp but recently purchased a few of the 2 dollar led push-button keychain lights from wally world. Easy to push and having a few of them always on a jacket, keychain, tackle box etc.

Slipperybob, I'd love to see pics of this project if you ever get around to it.....a lightbox of sorts?

Ok, here is my "best kept secret" when it comes to lighting up my glow jigs. I went to a camera store and bought an old flash for about 15 bucks.....LIGHTS THEM UP LIKE THE SUN WITH ONE POP!!!!

JimBuck,

If I ever get around to finishing it, as since I'm not a handyman. I wish things are as easy as putting Leggo pieces together, at which point if I do use Leggo pieces, I would glue them together for the final project. I still have to go buy a tub of leggo's or I might get one of those spaceship leggo kit. LOL's.

Any white led makes 'em glow like the sun. White florescent works well to, however led is the hot item these days.

Ok, here is my "best kept secret" when it comes to lighting up my glow jigs. I went to a camera store and bought an old flash for about 15 bucks.....LIGHTS THEM UP LIKE THE SUN WITH ONE POP!!!!
kinda like the commercial one they sell for that very same purpose?

smile

Little key chain leds on my carhart zipper is my go to I usually try to gather up a few free ones that places give away since I always seem to lose them...

Originally Posted By: Sonicrunch

smile [/quote

Doctor

Dentist

Originally Posted By: Green Diver
Originally Posted By: Sonicrunch

smile

Doctor [/quote

Dentist

LOL. That is actually a nickname for my buddy Tip.

Google Lure lightning, they mount to your flasher and run off your battery.

I use my Petzel LED headlamp or a Garrity 1watt LED penlight. Both work just fine...

I have a small "flashlight" that is actually UV light --- that really gets them glowing grin

I have a Lure Lightning and LOVE IT. It is the way to go for one that mounts on the flasher. Much brighter than the vex light or an single bulb led.

index1_15.gif

has anyone tried the LED - UV key chains from Best H0ng Kong? Everyone (including myself) likes the other LEDs that they have. Since the key chains are only $1 I thought that I would order a few.

Google Lure lightning, they mount to your flasher and run off your battery.

They were pushed pretty heavily on here last year. Not a peep this year. Seemed like a good idea.

I really like my Lure Lightning. I will be running it on a battery mounted in my Otter Sportsmans Caddy. That way its not out of reach on my LX-5.

I also use a camera flash. Thats the best thing I have found to get a good long lasting glow.

When runnin and gunnin I just use a taser mounted on the zipper of my Arctic Armor jacket.