• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

just my luck!!!!

walleyematt

Remove the spark plug. If it is wet it is flooded. If it is dry it is not getting gas. If the plug was wet hold the throttle wide open with the plug removed and pull the rop many times to get the excess gas out. Heat the plug with a torch and blow the top out with air. Replace and start. If the plug was dry check for gas then after adding some... start grin. If there was already gas prime it a bunch if that unit has a primer and try to start. If there is no primer you may need to use a little starting fluid or better yet put a bit of mixed gas in the throat of the carb. If it starts for a second and quits you may need to clean the carb out.

I'd have to give another nod for the Amsoil, but run it at 80:1 ratio. I have been using that on all of our summer stuff weed trimmers, blowers, hedge trimmers and they all run fine at 80:1 ratio and starting is a breeze. I ran this im my Jiffy last year for the first time and this year was the first time i never had any issues with my carb. I put gas in it and it fired right up. Last year it alwasy fired on the 2nd pull, if not the first. Dont be worried about the higher ratio with the oil, I use our summer equipment on a commercial basis so it gets plenty of use with no problems.

As far as starting goes, it probably is your diaphram.

Spark plugs are a tricky one too, i was messing with my snow blower and pulled out a champion cj7y and i didn't have the exact replacement, but had a Ngk r..7m, plug was the same size and dimensions but it wouldn't start the blower. I put the old one back in and it started right up. plugs can be tricky too.

80-1 with Amsoil Sabre Professional here, too. I run every 2 stroke motor off the same tank of mixed gas. Easier to use, everything runs better and smokes less, and cheaper if you think about the lean mixing and the price of an 8 oz bottle.

Id have agree with what most have said here about the starting issues at times I think small engines hate me esp weed wackers (my book a throw away item!) except when it comes to oil I tend to like the oil abit heavyer plugs are cheaper than clynders esp in chainsaw and you have the added benifet of ridding the mosquetos! but in your instance another plus for the icegators!

100:1 mix ratio has nothing to do with lubricating in the sense of standard oil. Amsoil, Stens, and a couple others have this 100:1 mix. It is a plating process that treats the metal. It is a different type of "lubrication". 70:1 or 80:1 is fine if you are changing a 2 stroke engine over or if you are breaking in a new engine. After the initial tank or two 100:1 is plenty.

So you guys with Amsoil can run as lean as 100:1??? I would like to find one mixture for my Strike Master Auger, Stihl leaf blower, Stihl Maniac saw, and chain saw. Please let me know if I can run all with one mixture.

Thanks

I run Amsoil 80:1 for my Eskimo auger, Stihl chainsaw, Stihl leaf blower, and Stihl Kombi tool. No problems at all, need only one 2-stk gas tank, and don't have any gas waste.

I bought a new jiffy stealth last year brand new wouldnt run very good took to a small engine shop he said all the tree huggers got these running so lean is the problem he took a drill bit drilled out the main jet . Has ran awesome ever since he only charged me 10 bucks.

I've got the same problem and have been trying everything. This is the first year I decided to leave Stabil'ed gas in it over the summer, when usually I drain the gas and fog the cylinder. I've replaced the plug, replaced the gas, seafoamed it, and still nothing.

Also tested the plug and there is plenty of spark. Just a wet plug and no ignition. I did notice that the throttle wasn't returning all the way to the stop, so I may have been flooding it. Guess my carb is gummed up? Was really hoping the seafoam would loosen it up.

The worst part is that one of the times I was taking the plug out it somehow cross threaded and had to be wrenched all the way out. Now everytime I put a plug in it goes in OK but taking it out is a different story. <sigh>

Walleyematt, I know this has ended up in a amsoil discussion but can you clarify what your last post said. I think it said that you had it running or it rained out. Please clarify and I will try to help you. I like amsoil saber too but I think walleyematt is more concerned with getting the thing started.

First make sure you have fresh new gas/oil mix in it(amsoil or not).

If you started it with a new plug and it ran fine but then didn't later you may want to get another plug and get it running and keep it running for as long as possible. Sometimes just getting and keeping it running will flush the stuff that needs to be cleaned. If that doesn't work you may need to have it serviced. For now replace the plug and try starting it with the choke on full. If it starts but then seems to want to die give it less choke. If you do get it started try to keep it running. You may have to give it more or less choke to keep it running. Keep it running if you can until it is good and warm. If you get fresh gas/oil thru the system it shout restart much easier.

Hey Walleyematt. I have a Mag 2000 and love it but had the same problem a couple years ago. It turned out I needed to get my carburetor rebuilt and cleaned out. Runs like a top now. If you know a small engine mechanic, talk nice to them and tell them you know it is short notice, but it ran a couple weeks ago. A lot of guys like to help out young guys like yourself so hopefully you find someone.

I think you may have exhausted your abilities; find a small engine shop and let them know about the cross threaded plug and starting issues. I would guess carb issues, and there isn't much you can do for that other than a carb rebuild kit and running carb cleaner through the different ports. There were a run of these augers that had some carb issues that they replaced under warranty. Most small-time small engine shops will take care of you for not too much money. It's too bad you are so far south in Medford as I'd suggest going to SM themselves in Big Lake or DRock in New Brighton. Good Luck!